Photo

403 Forbidden error caused when i have gridly activated

Best Answer beardedavenger , 23 July 2013 - 11:22 PM

Nobody else has reported this. What is causing a 403? How do I reproduce it? All of my products were just updated for both v2 and v3 so I happen to know that all of them are working perfectly. I just tested on 2.4.4 and works as it should.

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 quinntinm

quinntinm

• Members
  • 121 posts

Posted 23 July 2013 - 11:09 AM

Hi.

I recently bought gridly, started playing around with it and then later on when i went to edit then page options, kept getting a 403 Forbidden error.

i tried all the remedies provided on this forum and elsewhere and then i thought i should try and deactivate the gridly section as it was the only new item.

Voila, now the error is gone!

Anyone else have this error and how do i go about getting my money back for gridly!

Thanks.

#2 beardedavenger

beardedavenger

Unicorn Wrangler

• Members

• 1219 posts

Posted 23 July 2013 - 11:22 PM   Best Answer

Nobody else has reported this. What is causing a 403? How do I reproduce it? All of my products were just updated for both v2 and v3 so I happen to know that all of them are working perfectly. I just tested on 2.4.4 and works as it should.

#3 quinntinm

quinntinm

• Members
  • 121 posts

Posted 28 July 2013 - 09:59 AM

Hi, sorry for the delay - the fodum has been unavailable.

I had deactivated it and the error went away.

When i had completed the work that i needed to do, i tried to add it again.

So activated it and it displayed the images i had added.

I then went into the options area and when i tried to save, it gave me the error again.

As to what is causing it, i have no idea.

How to reproduce it, also, no idea.

I am happy to give tou access to the site to see what it could be - please sen dme a PM or email and we can go from there.

At this stage, i cannot use it in the site so need to find a solution or get a refund.

Thanks.

#4 beardedavenger

beardedavenger

Unicorn Wrangler

• Members

• 1219 posts

Posted 28 July 2013 - 01:12 PM

I can guarantee you that it isn't Gridly that's causing 404's. It's impossible. There's nothing in that section to cause 404's. Period. It's as simple as a section gets.

Where did you install it?

Is this DMS or V2?

#5 quinntinm

quinntinm

• Members
  • 121 posts

Posted 29 July 2013 - 06:27 AM

Morning.

The gridly version i bought in the store a week ago is v1.1.1

When i bought it, it was the first item i activated and when it is fine UNTIL i try to access the page options - then it caused the 403 error.

When i switch it off, i can access the page options section no problem.

So on this site, it is definitly gridly.

WordPress 3.4-RC1

Version 2.4.4

Gridly v1.1.1

As i mentioned previosuly, i can give you access to the site if that will help, just contact me privatly and i will pass on the details.

Thanks.

#6 beardedavenger

beardedavenger

Unicorn Wrangler

• Members

• 1219 posts

Posted 30 July 2013 - 03:09 PM

OK I know what's happening. Try clearing your cache or something.

The options that were under pagelines_special, are gone. Period. This doesn't work in DMS, so it had to be removed.

http://screencast.com/t/59r5iXTvQnx

#7 quinntinm

quinntinm

• Members
  • 121 posts

Posted 30 July 2013 - 06:48 PM

Hi Bearded avenger.

With this problem of not being able to login to the store through my site which it seems everyone is experiencing it is a bit pointless to try and get this working now.

when i activate gridly and try and save anything in the page options now i get a 404 error saying "Nothing found for Wp-admin options php".

When i DEactivate gridly, then page options saves as it should...

I really think i should just return it and get a refund as it is giving me more grief than anything else especially as you say it is only me that is getting this error...