#1 COVVHA

COVVHA

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 38 posts

Posted 22 July 2013 - 07:27 PM

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

97.98KB   0 downloadsI started seeing flash ads while working today.  I thought it was my computer.  I cleaned scanned etc.  I went into pagelines and see that my custom logo has been replaced by these flashing ads.

Somehow, I have been able to upload the logo again,  Only to see it back to flashing ads again.  I have done this 4 times.  Please help. I have not been on the site since last wed. until today.  NO changes were made.

print screen uploaded of what I am seeing while trying to upload my custom branding logo.

Kelly

#2 James B

James B

Advocate

• Moderators
  • 5126 posts
  • LocationSurrey - UK

Posted 22 July 2013 - 10:57 PM

Hi Kelly

That's not normal behavior for Pagelines, I would advise contacting your host and getting them to check your hosting account in case you've been hacked and someones added some code to one of the core files which is overruling your site options.

• COVVHA likes this

#3 COVVHA

COVVHA

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 38 posts

Posted 22 July 2013 - 11:00 PM

Believe it or not after nearly throwing everything out the window... i figured out the problem.... CHROME! Went on from I.E. everything needed a tweak and some patience.  Took Chrome off ran a few different machines and cleared the site cache. Everything was fine.  Put Chrome back on and BAM!  There they were again.  I would alert your users of the issue in case anyone else has a problem :(

#4 COVVHA

COVVHA

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 38 posts

Posted 22 July 2013 - 11:01 PM

Does everything look ok on your end at covvha.net ?

#5 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts
  • LocationEast Coast, USA
  • Framework Version:The Latest, of course

Posted 23 July 2013 - 06:06 AM

Hi Kelly,

It looks fine in Firefox and Chrome.   I'd still take James' suggestion seriously, as your site may have a security loophole in it.

My suggestions to complement his include:

Check for outdated plugins, making sure everything is up to date with the latest WP version.

Make sure you've changed or don't use 'admin' as the administrator's user ID.  There are plugins that will help you change this if you do.

Make sure your password is complicated, and not easily discernible. There are password generator sites. 

Since your site takes donations by credit card, I'd recommend using a security certificate (SSL) so that your site is trusted when processing transactions.  I'm not sure how you process the info, but any site that's not secured and takes credit cards is a target for hackers.

I'm not saying your site was definitely hacked.  That's a possibility, but more likely it has some security gap in a plugin. You just want to protect your site as much as possible, as we do.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Logo Branding