3 replies to this topic

#1 laurenp

laurenp

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 55 posts

Posted 22 July 2013 - 04:37 AM

Hi There,

I'm trying remove the background image on the features slider when viewing on a mobile. This is due to the features text overlapping the image at small sizes which makes it illegible. So I'm looking to either hide it or replace it with just white.

I've got the Browser specific CSS plugin installed and have got a few things working with it but can't figure out what class I should target to hide the image.

I've tried things such as...

body.mobile  .fmedia { display:none;}

body.mobile  #feature_slider .fmedia {
background: none;
display:none;
}

I think I'm close but not quite there. Any help would be appreciated.

Also does the .mobile class cover all mobile devices or do I need to repeat the code for each type of available class ie .iphone, .samsung etc??

cheers!

#2 James B

James B

Advocate

• Moderators
  • 4979 posts
  • LocationSurrey - UK

Posted 22 July 2013 - 09:36 PM

Hi there, it depends how you've inserted the image into the slider, whether it's in the media pad area or the full slide background.

If you could let us have a link to the site you're working on we'll have a look for you.

For example, on my test site the image is full width background of the slider. So i'd hide it using

#feature_slider .fcontainer .feature-wrap.bg_cover {display:none;}

#3 laurenp

laurenp

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 55 posts

Posted 23 July 2013 - 12:07 AM

Hi James,

I'm also using the text so it's in the media pad area. I tried the code supplied but that removed the text and button with it. Do you have an email so I can shoot the URL to you - I'd rather not post in the forum it if possible.

Cheers!

#4 Martin Davies

Martin Davies

Advocate

• Moderators
  • 2469 posts
  • LocationManchester, England
  • Framework Version:latest

Posted 23 July 2013 - 06:42 PM

Hello Lauren

Would be preferable if you could provide the link via the forum but if you prefer to email then please use hello@pagelines.com. Please add a link to the forum topic so we know which topic it refers to. 

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Browser Specific CSS