3 replies to this topic

#1 erin-wsk

erin-wsk

Advanced Member

• Members

• 88 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 19 July 2013 - 08:05 PM

Hi, I currently have a client that we built a child theme for from the current pagelines framework. She is running Total Cache and Cloudflare on her site but ever since we changed her theme to pagelines, many readers have complained they do not see the most recent post and only after they have to clear their browser cache, do they see it. 

Thoughts?

The site is: melskitchencafe.com

#2 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts
  • LocationEast Coast, USA
  • Framework Version:The Latest, of course

Posted 19 July 2013 - 09:16 PM

Hi,

It would seem the settings for Total Cache or Cloudflare are incorrect and holding the cached view far too long, prohibiting the browser from reading the current view. Try setting your cache to automatically clear in 30 minutes.

#3 erin-wsk

erin-wsk

Advanced Member

• Members

• 88 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 22 July 2013 - 02:09 PM

Hi Rob, Thank you for the response. I contacted my client and this was the response I got back: 

"I've played around with just about every setting I can find including the various TTL settings.  I didn't come across an actual setting anywhere that will clear the cache every 30 minutes. I believe the problem was with the database cache caching queries and using them incorrectly."

Thoughts?

#4 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts
  • LocationEast Coast, USA
  • Framework Version:The Latest, of course

Posted 23 July 2013 - 07:28 AM

Since this is a third party plugin, my best answer is to review the plugin's docs or ask their developers how to automatically clear the cache on a periodic basis.  They should have settings, but if they don't, they may tell you how to write or use a cronjob to do it.