Poppy Unknown wp_mail() error.

Question

Posted · Report post

I am facing an unsual problem.

Poppy works like a charm, perfectly, except when I use "Katie@molterlaw.com" as the email message address. If I enter this specific email address in the poppy specific settings or the general wordpress settings (as main address), when I hit Send Message from within the pop-up window I get Unknown wp_mail() error.

Again, the problem comes up with that specific email address (I have tried up to 7 different ones and all work great), and as you can imagine, I need it to work with this specific address. Any thoughts?

13 answers to this question

Posted · Report post

Hi,

I'm not sure, but try it with all lowercase letters.  It could be case sensitive.

Posted · Report post

Rob, I had of course tried that, but with no success. :( Any other ideas?

Posted · Report post

As soon as our developers are available, I will refer this to them. Likely it is an error in your mail server or server settings.

Posted · Report post

Rob, thanks for paying attention to the matter. I will appreciate the update… :)

Posted · Report post

No problem.  They should be available by Monday.  I appreciate your kind patience.

Posted · Report post

Rob any update on the issue?

Posted · Report post

Hi Simon_P, Rob

I have tried the new version but with this one I get a 

Error: Could not instantiate mail function.

No matter which email address I input, including those that worked in the original email. Just to be sure I have done this right, I went into the link, copied the code… then in my install, i went to edit poppy, and replaced code.

Posted · Report post

would it work if I give you access to my site? I would have no problem in doing so. Just give me an address to send log in info.

Posted · Report post

Simon_P

Any news? Today I went to reinstall the plugin to try a clean start but all i am getting are 404s from the pagelines site and I can't seem to find the download link from within my profile. Apparently there are many changes done with the DMS that affected the site as a whole. Could you offer a helping hand?

Posted · Report post

Error: Could not instantiate mail function.

This error is not from the plugin. It is returned by the wordpress mail function (wp_mail). Probably your server is either not allowed to send out email, or its misconfigured.

There is nothing wrong with the plugin.

Posted · Report post

Simon_P 

Do you have a link to re-download the poppy plugin? I visit launchpad and all links are 404. The original download worked perfectly with other emails addresses. Only when I used the new code did the error come about, so I would like to re-use the other version.

Thanks in advance

Posted · Report post

Can anyone help? All products in the launchpad direct to 404s… I would like to download the original poppy since it worked with other addresses. I would appreciate the help