Photo
- - - - -

Can the site-layout not be set per template?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 kneops

kneops

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 95 posts
  • LocationNetherlands
  • Framework Version:2.4.1

Posted 18 July 2013 - 06:38 PM

I can set the layout in the layout editor. I have a site with a lot of subpages and with a lot of them I don't need the sidebars. That's why I wanted to have a different template with the sidebars removed, but I can't find where to accomplish this. The only way I can think of is to choose a different layout per page, but that's silly, so I guess I overlooked something?

#2 James B

James B

Advocate

• Moderators
  • 5126 posts
  • LocationSurrey - UK

Posted 18 July 2013 - 08:52 PM

Hi there,

There's a couple of different options for setting the layout, it depends what the pages are, if they're all static, or some dynamic using different templates.

You can set the static pages using the layout editor to control sitewide, each static page can be overruled using the page meta.

Special pages like blog, archive, category etc, can be set to have a different layout for each. The layout options for these are in pagelines>page options. Click on the tab for each to access the layout meta.

#3 kneops

kneops

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 95 posts
  • LocationNetherlands
  • Framework Version:2.4.1

Posted 19 July 2013 - 06:10 AM

Hello James,

Thanks for the explanation. I knew these options, but they don't work well in my situation. I have about 60 pages of which about half will do with the sitewide settings in the layout editor (with sidebar and a content box). The other pages have to be full width. Imho here is what templates are created for, not only to have control over the content, but especially the structure of the page. Sure I can change the layout setting for those 30 pages manually, but that doesn't seem to be the right way to go about this. If not available, this should be something PL should have, I think :). Perhaps with the new version?

One extra question or feature request: set layouts per group of (child) pages and ability to reset to default.

#4 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts
  • LocationEast Coast, USA
  • Framework Version:The Latest, of course

Posted 19 July 2013 - 02:12 PM

Hi,

I've moderated this to the Ideas and Feedback section so our developers can take note of your suggestions.