Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

iBlog Pro - Blog and Permalinks

8 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

Hello, I have recently purchased and setup the iBlog Pro templates on my wordpress site (www.revittv.com) that is hosted with GoDaddy and everything is going great but i would really like to use the "permalinks" function... the problem is when i set iBlog Pro to use permalinks all post in the "Blog" component are broken as the header/title of the individual blog posts are pointing to (website address)/post-name. all other pages/posts work fine it's just the posts in the "blog", if anyone can point out what i'm doing wrong it would be greatly appreciated. Cheers Jason

Posted · Report post

I have the same problem as well. When I change the permalink structure the home page shows a 404 error message, but blop posts are ok.

Posted · Report post

I think this is due to GoDaddy caching some files on their end (I believe I've experienced this before with them) The issue itself most likely has a lot more to do with WP (.htaccess) and the way your server handles it.

Posted · Report post

If you use Godaddy, wait about 30 minutes after you change permalinks, and the home page should be fine

Posted · Report post

Hi nancy, the permalinks worked fine for the home page, and other pages i'd made but when it came to the blog "posts" themselves each one was trying to resolve to www.revittv.com/blog/postname, which is what i used to set the permalinks in the iBlog Pro settings... it seems i can have permalinks with all the individual pages but not with the blog posts themselves... do you have any ideas what i could be doing wrong...?

Posted · Report post

If you're on GoDaddy, I'd assume most of the problems are created by their lame caching and DB system.

Posted · Report post

hi guys - thx for all your help, i've got it working now (yay!), was an incorrect parameter for the "name" permalink, so all happy and super stoked with the iBlog theme =) thanks again J