Photo
- - - - -

iBlog Pro - Blog and Permalinks

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
7 replies to this topic

#1 thebimman

thebimman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 10 December 2009 - 07:30 AM

Hello, I have recently purchased and setup the iBlog Pro templates on my wordpress site (www.revittv.com) that is hosted with GoDaddy and everything is going great but i would really like to use the "permalinks" function... the problem is when i set iBlog Pro to use permalinks all post in the "Blog" component are broken as the header/title of the individual blog posts are pointing to (website address)/post-name. all other pages/posts work fine it's just the posts in the "blog", if anyone can point out what i'm doing wrong it would be greatly appreciated. Cheers Jason

#2 nancy-nardo

nancy-nardo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 10 December 2009 - 07:12 PM

I have the same problem as well. When I change the permalink structure the home page shows a 404 error message, but blop posts are ok.

#3 arpowers

arpowers

Founder

• Administrators
  • 3270 posts

Posted 10 December 2009 - 11:57 PM

I think this is due to GoDaddy caching some files on their end (I believe I've experienced this before with them) The issue itself most likely has a lot more to do with WP (.htaccess) and the way your server handles it.

#4 nancy-nardo

nancy-nardo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 12 December 2009 - 04:03 AM

If you use Godaddy, wait about 30 minutes after you change permalinks, and the home page should be fine

#5 thebimman

thebimman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 12 December 2009 - 05:30 AM

Hi nancy, the permalinks worked fine for the home page, and other pages i'd made but when it came to the blog "posts" themselves each one was trying to resolve to www.revittv.com/blog/postname, which is what i used to set the permalinks in the iBlog Pro settings... it seems i can have permalinks with all the individual pages but not with the blog posts themselves... do you have any ideas what i could be doing wrong...?

#6 nancy-nardo

nancy-nardo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 12 December 2009 - 03:34 PM

You could try the wordpress Redirection plugin.

http://wordpress.org...ns/redirection/

#7 arpowers

arpowers

Founder

• Administrators
  • 3270 posts

Posted 12 December 2009 - 09:47 PM

If you're on GoDaddy, I'd assume most of the problems are created by their lame caching and DB system.

#8 thebimman

thebimman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 13 December 2009 - 03:34 AM

hi guys - thx for all your help, i've got it working now (yay!), was an incorrect parameter for the "name" permalink, so all happy and super stoked with the iBlog theme =) thanks again J