• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 brightonkeller

brightonkeller

• Members

• 120 posts
  • LocationNew Orleans

Posted 17 July 2013 - 02:17 PM

The responsive mobile theme built into pagelines is excellent, but there's one thing I'm curious about. 

I see that content-width, when viewed from a mobile device, is 100% of the width. And that's great. But many of my readers say that they can't zoom in on pictures. Is there any way to enable them to zoom when viewing from their phone? thanks!

if so, could you point me in the right direction as far as CSS selectors and/or anything else you might be familiar with?

#2 tsalstrand

tsalstrand

• Members

• 225 posts
  • Framework Version:latest

Posted 17 July 2013 - 02:46 PM

If I remember correctly, this is set with the viewport in the HTML meta settings.  You'll want to remove the initial-scale=1.0

EDIT:

correction: in every other WP theme that I've found that is responsive, you'd go into the header.php and change the user-scalable=no to "yes" --- but I can't find that in Pagelines Framework.

Have to wait for a mod.

#3 Martin Davies

Martin Davies

Advocate

• Moderators
  • 2454 posts
  • LocationManchester, England
  • Framework Version:latest

Posted 17 July 2013 - 04:41 PM

Hi Brightonkeller

do you have a link to your website we can see this on? 

#4 brightonkeller

brightonkeller

• Members

• 120 posts
  • LocationNew Orleans

Posted 17 July 2013 - 06:19 PM

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

#5 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts
  • LocationEast Coast, USA
  • Framework Version:The Latest, of course

Posted 18 July 2013 - 08:59 AM

Brighton, I just looked at your site on my Samsung Galaxy III and after a rather slow load for all the images, I was able to use the standard method of stretching an image without any difficulty.  I could pinch to shrink, spread to expand with prompt results.  I tried many of the pics on your homepage.

Are your customers saying that his happens on a particular type of mobile device, like an iPhone, iPad, Kindle, etc?

#6 brightonkeller

brightonkeller

• Members

• 120 posts
  • LocationNew Orleans

Posted 18 July 2013 - 02:33 PM

Hey Rob,

I think most of the viewers that have contacted me are using an iphone. But now I'm more concerned with the slow load time. Shoot. I have been working on my page loading speed for months now and thought I had finally gotten somewhere! ha. I'm using a CDN, smaller images (550px width compressed in photoshop), and limited my number of plugins. Maybe I need to start another discussion top here, but off the top of your head, do you have any immediate suggestions that come to mind? (when you viewed my site)

#7 James B

James B

Advocate

• Moderators
  • 4979 posts
  • LocationSurrey - UK

Posted 19 July 2013 - 12:14 AM

Hi Brighton

I've just tested on an iphone and the images have loaded quite quickly, nothing seemed to take long time, as i scrolled down the pages subsequent images came up the same.

The only instance of the viewport/zooming code I can find is in library.templates.php file.

Removes viewport scaling on Phones, Tablets, etc.
    if(!ploption('disable_mobile_view', $oset) && !apply_filters( 'disable_mobile_view', '' ))
        echo '<meta name="viewport" content="width=device-width, initial-scale=1, maximum-scale=1" />';

I've also found this article in case it helps, I think this explains what the Framework does, it uses css scaling instead of allowing the zoom feature.

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: media query, css, responsive