Photo
- - - - -

CSS change knocking out my logo

Best Answer sethoof , 18 July 2013 - 08:20 AM

Its still there.  I had multiple tabs open and was making the css edits on one tab and loading the logo in another tab.  Then I closed all the tabs except one, did the css edits and then uploaded the logo.  It was fine.  Was just having all those tabs open to do the editing that was the problem.  Problem sorted.  Thanks!

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 sethoof

sethoof

Advanced Member

• Members

• 97 posts

Posted 16 July 2013 - 07:21 PM

I am trying to use the branding section with a blank logo just to get teh space and the social media buttons, but whenever I try to take out the padding, the page reloads with the site title instead of the logo.  If I go back and save my logo again, it removes the padding change.  What am I doing wrong?

site is www.opfistula.org

#branding .content-pad {

padding: 0;
}

#2 batman

batman

Bat Learning

• Members

• 2159 posts
  • LocationBuenos Aires, Argentina
  • Framework Version:DMS

Posted 16 July 2013 - 08:04 PM

Hi sethoof

If I understand, please you can try with

.content .content-pad { padding: 0px;}

#3 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts
  • LocationEast Coast, USA
  • Framework Version:The Latest, of course

Posted 16 July 2013 - 11:27 PM

Hi,

There are several levels of padding and margins affecting the header/branding area. So you may have been successful with one level, but then see the padding of another. If your image is vanishing on reload, either the save isn't taking as it should, or you may have some other conflict going on.

It's rather hard to tell.

#4 sethoof

sethoof

Advanced Member

• Members

• 97 posts

Posted 17 July 2013 - 07:35 AM

I updated the custom CSS per the guidance Bat Learning provided and it did change the padding, but my logo is replaced by My Website / Blog Just another WordPress site. So is this just a pagelines bug or is there someway to take out the branding padding?

#5 James B

James B

Advocate

• Members

• 5126 posts
  • LocationSurrey - UK

Posted 18 July 2013 - 12:13 AM

Hi there,

I can't see the branding section live on the site, have you removed now? If you want us to take another look please re-enable and we'll see if we can spot anything affecting it for you.

#6 sethoof

sethoof

Advanced Member

• Members

• 97 posts

Posted 18 July 2013 - 08:20 AM   Best Answer

Its still there.  I had multiple tabs open and was making the css edits on one tab and loading the logo in another tab.  Then I closed all the tabs except one, did the css edits and then uploaded the logo.  It was fine.  Was just having all those tabs open to do the editing that was the problem.  Problem sorted.  Thanks!

#7 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts
  • LocationEast Coast, USA
  • Framework Version:The Latest, of course

Posted 18 July 2013 - 09:56 AM

Glad its resolved.