Advanced Member

• Members
  • 41 posts
  • LocationAtlanta, GA

Posted 15 July 2013 - 06:29 PM

Hi there,

I'm using two sets of boxes on the home page of this site: 

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

I'd like to customize the text and header etc of the upper set of boxes separately from the lower set of boxes. I want top set to be the same. And the bottom set to be the same. But the two sets to be different. 

I did assign a custom class to the individual boxes in the upper set. Just not sure how to call out the selector in css using the new class. 

#2 greenfly

greenfly

Advocate

• Members

• 3268 posts
  • LocationManchester, England
  • Framework Version:latest

Posted 15 July 2013 - 07:13 PM

Hello Bonnysteele 

what names did you give to the boxes? 

#3 bonnysteele

bonnysteele

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 41 posts
  • LocationAtlanta, GA

Posted 15 July 2013 - 07:15 PM

The top set is named "threecs"

The bottom set is named "foot"

#4 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts
  • LocationEast Coast, USA
  • Framework Version:The Latest, of course

Posted 15 July 2013 - 07:47 PM

Hi, presently, in looking at your site, it appears the installation is corrupted.

I'm not sure what you're using the second set of boxes for, but you might be able to replace that or even both with our Grid System, found at

The Grid System can help you by making fully customizable, responsive boxes.  Think of it as a shortcode to making a table.

Since it's shortcode, you can place it almost anywhere, use it several times on the page or post, and put most any content into its 'cells'.   Each part can have its own customization, by simply adding a div with a unique class or ID with corresponding CSS.  So, backgrounds, text, color, alignment, etc, are all no problem, compared to the difficulties of Boxes.

Just a thought.

#5 greenfly

greenfly

Advocate

• Members

• 3268 posts
  • LocationManchester, England
  • Framework Version:latest

Posted 15 July 2013 - 07:49 PM

Can you just confirm you set the boxes custom class here 

in each box itself. 

#6 bonnysteele

bonnysteele

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 41 posts
  • LocationAtlanta, GA

Posted 15 July 2013 - 07:52 PM

Yes. I just double checked. In the set of three upper boxes, each box has been given custom class "threecs"  and the lower set of 4 has been given the name "foot"

#7 bonnysteele

bonnysteele

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 41 posts
  • LocationAtlanta, GA

Posted 15 July 2013 - 07:55 PM

Hi, presently, in looking at your site, it appears the installation is corrupted.

I'm not sure what you're using the second set of boxes for, but you might be able to replace that or even both with our Grid System, found at

The Grid System can help you by making fully customizable, responsive boxes.  Think of it as a shortcode to making a table.

Since it's shortcode, you can place it almost anywhere, use it several times on the page or post, and put most any content into its 'cells'.   Each part can have its own customization, by simply adding a div with a unique class or ID with corresponding CSS.  So, backgrounds, text, color, alignment, etc, are all no problem, compared to the difficulties of Boxes.

Just a thought.

Thanks Rob. I can totally try this. And I'll likely use this grid on other pages of the site too. Awesome.

#8 James B

James B

Advocate

• Moderators
  • 5126 posts
  • LocationSurrey - UK

Posted 15 July 2013 - 10:42 PM

Let us know how you get on :-)

#9 bonnysteele

bonnysteele

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 41 posts
  • LocationAtlanta, GA

Posted 15 July 2013 - 10:45 PM

I kinda thought I'd hear back more from Martin though before I tried something else... no?

#10 James B

James B

Advocate

• Moderators
  • 5126 posts
  • LocationSurrey - UK

Posted 15 July 2013 - 11:05 PM

Hi there,

If you're looking to call a box set on a particular class to make css adjustments you can use the class you set to apply the changes to. They would need to be entered like in martins screenshot, then for example on the classes that you've set you'd use the below css format to make the changes.  The code can be pasted directly into Pagelines>site options>custom code to take affect.

.threecs {your css;}

.foot {your css;}

If you've not used css within the framework prior, check out the overview at -

which will give an example on the css structure and using web developer tools like firebug and chrome dev tools to see the css  changes live in the browser prior to pasting them back into the main css code to take affect on the site.

#11 bonnysteele

bonnysteele

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 41 posts
  • LocationAtlanta, GA

Posted 16 July 2013 - 04:07 PM

Thanks James.

I did assign those class names like Martin was asking but it seems they aren't working. I tried adding custom css and it didn't work and when I inspect with Firebug the class names seem to still be the same. 

I can edit .fboxtitle and .fboxtext classes but they change all boxes and sets. I'd like to edit the title and text for each set separately. 

#12 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts
  • LocationEast Coast, USA
  • Framework Version:The Latest, of course

Posted 16 July 2013 - 05:12 PM

Hi,

If you use Firebug or Chrome's Inspection Tool, you'll see that there is a unique box identifier.  You will see something like fbox_1090 (each number is unique).  It falls under fbox class.

So, you can assign custom CSS to the individual box by prefixing with the class and the ID, such as .fbox fbox_1090 then followed by the rest of your CSS.

As I pointed out, in the grid system, you can apply a div like <div class="myboxes1">your heading content</div> then edit anything you place within the div by adding CSS.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: boxes, css