• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 bscherr

bscherr

Advanced Member

• Members

• 36 posts

Posted 15 July 2013 - 03:31 PM

My hero nav is broken in IE. Attached is a screenshot.  Unfortunately my site is on a development server, so I have copied my hero nav css here as well.  I am not a CSS expert, so I can't really see what I'm doing wrong.Attached File  IE_HeroNav_Problem.PNG   212.03KB   0 downloadsAttached File  CSS_HeroNav.txt   11.01KB   1 downloads 

Can someone help me with this? Thanks!

#2 Evan Mattson

Evan Mattson

• Members

• 219 posts
  • LocationAnn Arbor, MI
  • Framework Version:latest stable & beta releases

Posted 16 July 2013 - 02:04 AM

Greetings @bscherr,

Are you using the latest version of the section?  It looks like the css is not taking effect at all.  Have you customized it at all or you're working within the available options?

Evan

#3 bscherr

bscherr

Advanced Member

• Members

• 36 posts

Posted 16 July 2013 - 11:04 AM

Hi Evan, Thanks for the reply.  Yes I just checked that i have the latest version of Hero Nav and everything is up to date.  And I am only working with the available options.  If it helps, I could ask that my site be moved over to a production (public facing) server so you could see how it looks in Firefox, Safari, and Chrome and also see any of the code.  The good news is that we are a University site, so the vast majority of users are either Safari, Firefox, or Chrome... but there are still plenty of stubborn IE users out there.

I am poking around in the CSS for elements near it that could possibly effect it, but somewhat futilely.

Blythe

#4 bscherr

bscherr

Advanced Member

• Members

• 36 posts

Posted 27 August 2013 - 02:38 PM

Hi,

Hero Nav still does not appear to be displaying correctly in IE.  I really need to fix this, because right now I am using a plugin to block and redirect IE users, but I can't do that long term because we are a University, and as such my environment is rife with faculty (who are technology dinosaurs insistent on using IE).  Unfortunately, my reality is that their opinion matters.  Our site is now public.  Could you please take a look and see if there's anything I can do?  Again, i am running the most current version of the section).

My site is here: http://honors.syr.edu

Thanks for any help you can provide,

Blythe Scherrer

#5 Evan Mattson

Evan Mattson

• Members

• 219 posts
  • LocationAnn Arbor, MI

Posted 27 August 2013 - 04:50 PM

I hear ya.  As far as I know, Hero Nav displays properly in IE 9 and above.

I'm aware there is a problem with older versions, and I'm looking into a possible solution.

The reality is that Hero Nav is designed for modern browsers.  If you require full compatibility with every version of IE, I don't think Hero Nav can meet that need.

PageLines support for IE is IE8 and above, so that is the version I am trying to extend functionality to.  Officially, there is no PageLines requirement for for legacy browser compatibility.

I'll let you know what I find!

#6 bscherr

bscherr

Advanced Member

• Members

• 36 posts

Posted 27 August 2013 - 04:55 PM

Hi, Sorry I should have clarified.  SU runs IE 8.0 (that is the browser I am running) and that is where the program is, so it should work right? 

#7 Evan Mattson

Evan Mattson

• Members

• 219 posts
  • LocationAnn Arbor, MI

Posted 27 August 2013 - 05:08 PM

There IS currently a problem with IE 8, I'm looking into it :)

#8 bscherr

bscherr

Advanced Member

• Members

• 36 posts

Posted 27 August 2013 - 08:40 PM

Ok thanks very much! I love Hero Nav, it's gorgeous on our site and works really well too!

#9 Evan Mattson

Evan Mattson

• Members

• 219 posts
  • LocationAnn Arbor, MI

Posted 28 August 2013 - 06:05 PM

Hey there @bscherr

I see your site is using Framework 2.4.4.  To get enable compatibility with IE 8, go to Site Options and enable the Google IE Compatibility script.

lzXVvmA.png

That should do it!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Hero Nav, IE, display problem