Photo
- - - - -

Can't download Dutch language

Best Answer Rob , 28 July 2013 - 02:42 PM

Hi,

As you probably read in our Blog, we were hacked, so our entire site is in need of reconstruction. We're working on things by priority, and thorougly understand the importance of your translation concerns. We're working on it all.  One step at a time.  The translation center is an important part of both Framework and DMS, so it's not being ignored (nor are your emails to hello).  But we must prioritize things and this has been a very rough period for us all.

We apologize and I assure you I'll push as much as I can on this issue.

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 Willem-Siebe Spoelstra

Willem-Siebe Spoelstra

• Members
  • 228 posts
  • LocationAlmere

Posted 15 July 2013 - 07:36 AM

Hi,

I'm on this page: 

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

I can't login, or can't download anything.

In this article 

is explained to add language to the customize plugin, however I use child themes now.

Can I just make a folder 'language' and add it there also (after I know how I can download/login).

Kind regards,

Willem

#2 evert100

evert100

• Members
  • 156 posts
  • Framework Version:2.3.8.

Posted 15 July 2013 - 08:24 AM

Hi Willem,

Nice to meet you here after some time.....

Since we are both dutch i can help you with the translation file. I can send it by email if you wish.

The file is from 2.4.1 but still functional.

Do you use a special child theme or just a basic child theme?

I use allways the basic theme and the customization plugin. It works great.

Groeten,

Evert

#3 evert100

evert100

• Members
  • 156 posts
  • Framework Version:2.3.8.

Posted 15 July 2013 - 08:27 AM

Download link doesn't work for me.

I have problems logging in to store from pagelines backend in wordpress backend. Do you have problems with that?

One customer with other webhosting doesn't have this problems. Glad to here your experiences.

Evert

#4 batman

batman

Bat Learning

• Members

• 2054 posts
  • LocationBuenos Aires, Argentina
  • Framework Version:DMS

Posted 15 July 2013 - 10:16 AM

Hi there

I have the same problem with the Translation Center

I add images

Captura%2520de%2520pantalla%25202013-07-

Captura%2520de%2520pantalla%25202013-07-

When I try to log in this appears again the same.

#5 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts
  • LocationEast Coast, USA
  • Framework Version:The Latest, of course

Posted 15 July 2013 - 07:08 PM

There's a problem on our site at the moment that is in the process of being fixed.  I apologize for the inconvenience.  Our developers are aware of the problem and are working on it.

#6 Erwan

Erwan

• Members

• 193 posts
  • Framework Version:Framework 2.4.4 - DMS 1.1.6 & 1.2

Posted 18 July 2013 - 12:02 PM

Hi,

I'm totally "Lost In Translation"... ;)
:( !

• I just realized my improved French .po/.mo files which I use since more than a year do not work anymore for some crucial frontend strings (e.g. "Tagged with" for posts).

• It seems the current .pot file shipped with PL 2.4.4 contains only 380 strings vs. 1005 in my .po/.mo files: when did this change occurred if I'm right? Did I miss an announcement?

• Being unable to login to the translation center, I do not manage to form my own opinion / understand what happens. Could this .pot change be the explanation of my issues and should I / could I translate again with this new .pot file ?

Many many thanks in advance.

P.S. Btw, referring to this thread

I sent an email to Simon June 27th to propose help improving the very poor French translation available and didn't receive any answer: still OK for helping if you wish (PL Framework and/or DMS).

Edited by erwanlescop, 28 July 2013 - 09:07 AM.

#7 greenfly

greenfly

Advocate

• Members

• 3268 posts
  • LocationManchester, England
  • Framework Version:latest

Posted 18 July 2013 - 06:02 PM

Hello Erwan - may be good to email us on Hello@pagelines.com and we will see this gets to the correct department for you 

#8 Erwan

Erwan

• Members

• 193 posts

Posted 20 July 2013 - 09:08 AM

Hi Martin,

I resent my email to hello@pagelines.com.

Most importantly, no answer here to my questions (i.e. did something happen to PL translation structure - .pot file? why my .po / .mo don't fully work anymore?).

#9 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts

Posted 20 July 2013 - 02:56 PM

The files are intact.  We are having a problem, as I mentioned earlier, with our translation center and it may be affecting things.  We apologize and are working on this.

#10 Erwan

Erwan

• Members

• 193 posts

Posted 21 July 2013 - 07:49 AM

I do understand you work on the translation center, not a real problem for me.

Really, no changes in files? I found a backup of the 2.2.5 .pot file: 1005 strings. The current 2.4.4 .pot file: 380 strings.

My current .po / .mo files have 1005 strings. I just added some translations for frontend and backend strings which do work.

But, if I take the example I already mentioned: the "Tagged With" translations (strings lines #78 and #1805) do not work / show anymore.

I'm pulling my hair out :(

Edited by erwanlescop, 28 July 2013 - 09:07 AM.

#11 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts

Posted 21 July 2013 - 02:51 PM

I was referring to the fact that the files in the translation center are intact, and not affected by the problem we're having there. 

I'm no expert in this field, so I'm unclear why you're experiencing this issue. We don't want to be the cause of baldness!   I have asked our developers for an update, and hope to get an answer soon.

#12 Erwan

Erwan

• Members

• 193 posts

Posted 22 July 2013 - 06:54 AM

Oh OK Rob, got it.

This weird translation issue is a real handicap for me, hope to have a feedback very soon.

#13 Erwan

Erwan

• Members

• 193 posts

Posted 28 July 2013 - 10:19 AM

I am fully aware that Pagelines was totally focused on DMS launch and its unforeseen difficulties in the past couple of days, and that you did not have time to write an update here or to answer my related email to hello@pagelines.com (ten days ago).

I hope you don't mind my getting back to you about this Framework 2.4.4 translation issue which is not resolved, making my blog & posts unprofessional.

I am of course at your disposal should you wish to have additional information (e.g. screenshots, .pot/.mo./.mo files).

#14 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts

Posted 28 July 2013 - 02:42 PM   Best Answer

Hi,

As you probably read in our Blog, we were hacked, so our entire site is in need of reconstruction. We're working on things by priority, and thorougly understand the importance of your translation concerns. We're working on it all.  One step at a time.  The translation center is an important part of both Framework and DMS, so it's not being ignored (nor are your emails to hello).  But we must prioritize things and this has been a very rough period for us all.

We apologize and I assure you I'll push as much as I can on this issue.

#15 Erwan

Erwan

• Members

• 193 posts

Posted 12 September 2013 - 11:55 AM

@Rob @Martin

Just a reminder, please don't take it badly: the issue I raised here (corrupted v.2.4.4 shipped pot file?) is not solved after two monthes despite countless emails & countless tests.

Please note:

• this issue has nothing to to with the availability of the Translation Center which is another matter  ;),
  • neither with DMS translation which works like a charm, esp. thanks to the open source DMS translation 

project ;).

Best regards.