Photo
Action Map

Actionmap not working with network activate

Best Answer James B , 18 July 2013 - 11:48 PM

Hi Williem

Is the Pagelines Sections plugin activated as well? I've checked some older posts and seen Simon tell someone to do this previously in relation to problems they were experiencing with actionmap.

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Willem-Siebe Spoelstra

Willem-Siebe Spoelstra

• Members
  • 228 posts
  • LocationAlmere

Posted 14 July 2013 - 07:16 PM

Hi,

Action map is not working when multisite enabled.

Kind regards,

Willem

#2 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts
  • LocationEast Coast, USA
  • Framework Version:The Latest, of course

Posted 14 July 2013 - 07:25 PM

Hi Willem,

I've referred this to our developer, but just a personal guess, I'd say this is normal.  ActionMap is intended to view the hooks on a specific site, not on a network of sites.  It's localized, so that you can identify the hooks where they are, not globally in a multisite environment.   It is looking at your pages, posts, etc, on the screen, so it's definitely localized.

I hope this makes sense.  I'm not sure why having the network active affects it, but suspect that's the reason.

#3 penny772

penny772

• Members
  • 102 posts
  • Framework Version:framework

Posted 15 July 2013 - 04:21 AM

Just regarding the action map plugin, I have installed activated and its not appearing up the top to turn it on.  Is there another way or is there something I need to do apart from activating it in the plugin area.  Im on framework.

Thanks

Penny

#4 Willem-Siebe Spoelstra

Willem-Siebe Spoelstra

• Members
  • 228 posts
  • LocationAlmere

Posted 15 July 2013 - 07:32 AM

Hi Rob,

I was thinking that when I 'network activate' a plugin I just say: I want to use this on every site on my network.

With other plugins I can adjust the settings on a per site basis to make it specific for that site.

So that's the reason I was thinking this plugin should work well while network activated.

Kind regards,

Willem

#5 James B

James B

Advocate

• Members

• 5126 posts
  • LocationSurrey - UK

Posted 15 July 2013 - 10:14 PM

@Penny hi there, make sure it's active in the plugins tab from the wp admin area. Plugins will need to be turned on in the plugins tab, they don't activate automatically when installed via the pl store.

@Williem hi there, so is the action map plugin network activated to show on all sites currently? Network activating a plugin would make it available to all sites. You can then tweak the plugin to be active/inactive on a per site basis.

#6 Willem-Siebe Spoelstra

Willem-Siebe Spoelstra

• Members
  • 228 posts
  • LocationAlmere

Posted 18 July 2013 - 08:13 AM

@james, that's exactly what I tried to explain and also the reason why I think the explenation of Rob is not right on this one. 

However, it doesn't work on the sites in the network (although I just have one at the moment) when you network activate the plugin...

Kind regards,

Willem

#7 James B

James B

Advocate

• Members

• 5126 posts
  • LocationSurrey - UK

Posted 18 July 2013 - 11:48 PM   Best Answer

Hi Williem

Is the Pagelines Sections plugin activated as well? I've checked some older posts and seen Simon tell someone to do this previously in relation to problems they were experiencing with actionmap.

• Willem-Siebe Spoelstra likes this

#8 Simon_P

Simon_P

Messer

• Administrators

• 8388607 posts
  • LocationDevon
  • Framework Version:2.1.1

Posted 19 July 2013 - 03:43 AM

This is not a network plugin, simple as.

#9 Willem-Siebe Spoelstra

Willem-Siebe Spoelstra

• Members
  • 228 posts
  • LocationAlmere

Posted 22 July 2013 - 11:22 PM

@james, it worked, but it also workes when I disable the sections plugin again. However, when you toggle the actionmap 'ON' is not showing you the info directly, you have to go reload the page again where you want to see the hooks for.  I guess that's normal behaviour: one way or the other, I can use it when network activated. So what Simon is telling is is not correct I think.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Action Map