Photo
Pockets

Two pre-sales questions about Pockets

Best Answer kneops , 13 July 2013 - 06:12 PM

Hello Nick,

Thanks for the explanation. Unfortunately my client really wants those images above the text, so for now I'll have to search for another solution.

And by the way, when visiting that page with the shortcodes, and only that page, my cpu really becomes very very active ;)

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 kneops

kneops

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 95 posts
  • LocationNetherlands
  • Framework Version:2.4.1

Posted 11 July 2013 - 11:01 AM

Hello Nick,

I want to purchase pockets, but have two for me rather important questions about the functions.

A customer likes the pockets for his site, but wants the images/gallery not to be at the bottom of the page but in first place or perhaps right behind the excerpt. Is that possible? It should be a presentation of products.

Second, on the right of the images in the gallery there first is the title and underneath soms descriptive text. According to the video, that text is inserted into the caption field of the image, but does that allow line breaks? My customer should be able to add a short description, then hit enter for a new line or white line, and than add some more text. Or is the description field used of the caption field is empy?

#2 beardedavenger

beardedavenger

Unicorn Wrangler

• Members

• 1219 posts

Posted 11 July 2013 - 01:34 PM

Ya gallery really can't be moved but I could turn this into a shortcode that you can move wherever inside the post. The captions should do line breaks just fine as it's just using Wordpress captions.

#3 kneops

kneops

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 95 posts
  • LocationNetherlands

Posted 11 July 2013 - 01:57 PM

So I can't change the order: excerpt, content, gallery...

I'm not sure I understand the shortcodes. If I wanted a layout just like the Wide Layout, with that nice header, then the gallery and then the rest, using the shortcodes, would I then have to add a regular WP pages and then add the shortcodes? I can't see a shortcode for the content and extra fields, and I'm sure the header would not be visible if not within the pockets template.

By the way, always when visiting this page: http://pockets.nichola.us/shortcodes/

the fan inside my pc begins to blow heavily, like if there's loop in a script on that page.

#4 beardedavenger

beardedavenger

Unicorn Wrangler

• Members

• 1219 posts

Posted 13 July 2013 - 02:56 PM

lol no looping scripts not diving by zero lol. pretty basic stuff here. 

"So I can't change the order: excerpt, content, gallery..."

Right you can't change the order with this currently.

"If I wanted a layout just like the Wide Layout, with that nice header, then the gallery and then the rest, using the shortcodes, would I then have to add a regular WP pages and then add the shortcodes? can't see a shortcode for the content and extra fields, and I'm sure the header would not be visible if not within the pockets template."

The layout is chosen by picking a layout. Once you create a Wordpress gallery for that post, the gallery shows. If you don't the gallery doesn't show. The text is taken using the_content(). In a single post, there's a area you can enter anything into, like shortcodes. The header image, is the featured image. Everything is using Wordpress.

#5 kneops

kneops

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 95 posts
  • LocationNetherlands

Posted 13 July 2013 - 06:12 PM   Best Answer

Hello Nick,

Thanks for the explanation. Unfortunately my client really wants those images above the text, so for now I'll have to search for another solution.

And by the way, when visiting that page with the shortcodes, and only that page, my cpu really becomes very very active ;)

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Pockets