masthead section template

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 csinclair

csinclair

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 10 July 2013 - 09:31 PM

So I'm getting up to speed on PageLines, despite the forthcoming changes. 

I'm trying to get a basic full-browser-width masthead, as described in the docs and other threads, but it ain't happening for me. Can't get it to go full-width. 

Here's my setup:

Under Site Options > Global Settings > Layout Editor

1. Layout Handling set to Responsive/Pixel Width

2. Site Design Mode set to Full-Width Sections

3. Default Layout Mode, I select Single Column (no sidebar)

4. Layout Dimension Editor seems a moot point when trying to get full-browser-width sections.

Then I go to my Page, and select Default Layout. I drag a Masthead into the Header section. But when I save, and view/refresh the page, it's still constrained to a pixel width. 

How do I really get full-browser-width sections, that bleeds to browser edges, but then has content within it that is constrained? This is what I don't get. Your thumbnails in Layout and Site Design Modes seem to indicate layout function that I'm not getting. 

This is a static layout of content that I'm trying to replicate via PageLines...Any advise would be helpful. 

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

Chris.

#2 James B

James B

Advocate

• Moderators
  • 4979 posts
  • LocationSurrey - UK

Posted 10 July 2013 - 11:23 PM

Hi there,

If you're setting the site to use full width sections then the background for each section will be full width, but the content constrained into the content area. If you have a link to your site when you have the masthead setup we'll check the code for you.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: masthead, section, template