Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Full-Width Mastheads

Question

Posted · Report post

So I'm getting up to speed on PageLines, despite the forthcoming changes. 

I'm trying to get a basic full-browser-width masthead, as described in the docs and other threads, but it ain't happening for me. Can't get it to go full-width. 

Here's my setup:

Under Site Options > Global Settings > Layout Editor

1. Layout Handling set to Responsive/Pixel Width

2. Site Design Mode set to Full-Width Sections

3. Default Layout Mode, I select Single Column (no sidebar)

4. Layout Dimension Editor seems a moot point when trying to get full-browser-width sections.

Then I go to my Page, and select Default Layout. I drag a Masthead into the Header section. But when I save, and view/refresh the page, it's still constrained to a pixel width. 

How do I really get full-browser-width sections, that bleeds to browser edges, but then has content within it that is constrained? This is what I don't get. Your thumbnails in Layout and Site Design Modes seem to indicate layout function that I'm not getting. 

This is a static layout of content that I'm trying to replicate via PageLines...Any advise would be helpful. 

http://chrisphoto.com/chw2.0/rethink/

Chris.

1 answer to this question

Posted · Report post

Hi there,

If you're setting the site to use full width sections then the background for each section will be full width, but the content constrained into the content area. If you have a link to your site when you have the masthead setup we'll check the code for you.