Photo
- - - - -

Site not rendering properly in IE - any ideas?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 jane

jane

Advocate

• Members
  • 345 posts

Posted 10 July 2013 - 01:42 PM

Hello everyone,

I have been working the following test site that rendered well in IE:

However after migrating it to this domain:

It looks a shambles.

I thought was a markup issue so I did markup validation, corrected errors but it still looks strange.

Any ideas how to fix it? Any help would be really appreciated!!!!

Thank you

#2 James B

James B

Advocate

• Moderators
  • 5126 posts
  • LocationSurrey - UK

Posted 10 July 2013 - 07:42 PM

Hi Jane

Have you checked on the new site that the google IE script is active in Pagelines>site options>advanced> and check the google IE compatibility script is checked and active. 

Also check in your browser that the browser isn't checked to display in compatibility mode. This has been know to cause issues in the past as it shows the site as rendered in a previous edition of ie.

#3 jane

jane

Advocate

• Members
  • 345 posts

Posted 17 July 2013 - 06:04 PM

Hello James,

Thank you very much for your suggestions. The IE compatibility script is active and the browser's compatibility mode is now turned off.

My follow up question is, is there anything that can be done to have the site render well in older versions of IE (versions 8 and older)?

I look forward to your feedback.

#4 James B

James B

Advocate

• Moderators
  • 5126 posts
  • LocationSurrey - UK

Posted 17 July 2013 - 11:55 PM

Hi there,

Going prior to IE8 you're going to have to use browser specific css to make changes depending, based on how the site renders in the that browser and then tweaking the result to best fit etc. 

Using sections which don't use as much css3 would help, items like nav classic in stead of navbar. To be honest i'm not sure what share of the market use the older versions of IE still, there was some debate on this a while back just after V2 launched, it might be worth a read over in case there's anything in there which could help further -

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content