Photo

Auto Show/Hide Feature

Best Answer Rob , 10 July 2013 - 07:06 AM

Jason,

I have looked over your PlatformPro installation and hoped I would see a template selector on a page basis.  Alas, none was to be found. My memories of PlatformPro are thinner than my remaining three hairs atop my head.

In PageLines Framework, when creating a new page, there is a template selector, letting you select one of multiple templates available.  These templates may be laid out exactly as your email describes, and there are category and archive templates, specifically that may be modified.  My apologies for my memory, which seemed to merge the end of PlatformPro with the early days of Framework.

PlatformPro doesn't afford you the opportunities to modify templates.  You just can't, unfortunately, select an option to hide things as one can in Framework.  Even custom CSS won't hide the slider on category or abstract pages.

Since the new build is going to be coming July 24th, and you've determined to wait for that, then you may simply wish to wait to achieve these goals when you're rebuilding the site. All the functionality you desire will be included.

My apologies

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 jasonlioh

jasonlioh

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 68 posts
  • Framework Version:1.6.0

Posted 09 July 2013 - 05:09 PM

Is it possible to show the "Feature Box" only on the main page but not when one navigates to "Archives", "Categories" and etc? 

You can visit my site for a better understanding. http://jasonlioh.com/blog/

What I want 

1) On main page, to show only "Feature Box" and "3 Column Footer". 

2) Upon clicking "Category" or "Archives", to show "Main Content/Content Area" and hide "Feature Box". 

#2 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts
  • LocationEast Coast, USA
  • Framework Version:The Latest, of course

Posted 09 July 2013 - 06:20 PM

Hi Jason,

Support for PlatformPro is extremely limited.  I'm one of only two moderators who have any experience with it, and I don't even have a site set up using it anymore.  It has now past its life cycle and even the docs are removed.

I urge you to upgrade promptly to PageLines Framework.

Inside PlatformPro, you will see (somewhere) an option for the templates. Where you may adjust with drag & drop, the sections included in a template.  Pick one template and remove everything except the Feature Box.

If you have the 3 column Morefoot set into the Morefoot template, you should be fine.

Now, you're request for Item 1 in your list should work, though you may see the Footer too.  You can hide the footer, I believe via the PageLines Meta settings for the page (if I recall).  If not, we can do it with CSS.

As for item 2 on your list, make sure the Content area is included in the Category and Archive templates. If you see Features there, just remove it, when in the template layout options.

#3 jasonlioh

jasonlioh

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 68 posts

Posted 10 July 2013 - 12:14 AM

Rob,

Thanks for replying and yes, I am aware the need to upgrade but the price for version 2 is a bit hefty for me so I didn't upgrade. However, version 3, DMS seems interesting enough and I might upgrade to that instead. 

Hmmm... Actually, I have the "Features" only in one place, "Posts Pages" and "Posts Pages" includes the "Category" and "Archive" template/page.

If I remove "Content Area" in "Posts Pages", the "Category" and "Archive" template/page will be broken/only show "Features". 

This is going to be a bit difficult to explain. I can create an account in my WordPress so that you can take a closer look. 

#4 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts

Posted 10 July 2013 - 01:00 AM

Jason,  send the login to robert@pagelines.com.   I will take a look.

I cannot guaranty that there will be any migration from legacy products to the next version. In fact, I'm pretty doubtful there would be as all the systems will change.  If you don't mind totally rebuilding the site, then yes, wait.  If you prefer to migrate it, go with your purchase soon. Like this coming week soon.

If you don't, then please don't say I didn't warn you!  :)

#5 jasonlioh

jasonlioh

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 68 posts

Posted 10 July 2013 - 03:45 AM

I have sent you an email. :) 

Yeah, I am aware of that. Wouldn't mind building a new site all over again. 

#6 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts

Posted 10 July 2013 - 07:06 AM   Best Answer

Jason,

I have looked over your PlatformPro installation and hoped I would see a template selector on a page basis.  Alas, none was to be found. My memories of PlatformPro are thinner than my remaining three hairs atop my head.

In PageLines Framework, when creating a new page, there is a template selector, letting you select one of multiple templates available.  These templates may be laid out exactly as your email describes, and there are category and archive templates, specifically that may be modified.  My apologies for my memory, which seemed to merge the end of PlatformPro with the early days of Framework.

PlatformPro doesn't afford you the opportunities to modify templates.  You just can't, unfortunately, select an option to hide things as one can in Framework.  Even custom CSS won't hide the slider on category or abstract pages.

Since the new build is going to be coming July 24th, and you've determined to wait for that, then you may simply wish to wait to achieve these goals when you're rebuilding the site. All the functionality you desire will be included.

My apologies