Photo

Shrinking banner section width, I think....

Best Answer Rob , 09 July 2013 - 04:45 PM

The banners are not rescalable.  They are full-width only.

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 gcoppola7

gcoppola7

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 09 July 2013 - 03:21 PM

Hi. Ideally I would like to simply include the "pageline banner section" in the "main content" area in order for the sidebar to cover the entire right margin. But I realize that I can't because it's not available.

A CSS code to resolve similar problems suggested adjusting the width of the banner section through custom CSS, but I can't seem to get the code right.

Basically what I want is one main story with its picture, followed on the bottom by thumbs and captaions of previous stories. that i've done through the banners sections. Boxes won't allow just one element and highlights didn't seem to work. 

If i could just adjust the margins of the banner section to those of the content, to allign with the sidebar, that would be great.

page is: americasblindspot.com

thanks

#2 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts
  • LocationEast Coast, USA
  • Framework Version:The Latest, of course

Posted 09 July 2013 - 03:43 PM

Hi,

You may be mixing apples and oranges. In PlatformPro, banners, as I remember, were only a full-width element, like Boxes.   Only in PageLines Framework were they useable in the content area.   I do not believe there was or is a CSS solution for this.

Unfortunately, PlatformPro has reached the end of its lifespan and support is extremely limited.

I'm urging you to upgrade to PageLines Framework as soon as possible as PlatformPro could and probably will break completely with WP v.3.6. We will not be releasing any updates.

You can have a long excerpt in your first post by using the Excerpt field in WordPress, in editing the post.  Just add as much content as you desire there.  When you're going to add a new post, replace the long excerpt with a short one in the last post you entered.

#3 gcoppola7

gcoppola7

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 09 July 2013 - 04:26 PM

using the WP themes search, i only see the pagelines basic and pro.

but i'm looking to do something that in fact your page does brilliantly. in a forum response and referring to features slider you answered:

"This gets a bit complex. Before I get into it, you should know that carousels don't do particularly well in a narrower mode. Boxes can handle it, but there are better ways of dividing up the main content area than adjusting the boxes. 1. You'll need to look at the Dashboard > PlatformPro > Layout editor and determine the width of your main content area. Whatever it is, subtract 20pixels. So, if it's 650, your potential image width is 630px - we'll call that the 'image width'. 2. Find, design or edit images for your featured slider measuring the image width and set height you want (as set up in the Feature Settings). 3. Upload your images by editing the Featured Sliders. In the smaller mode, you'll probably want to minimize descriptions and headings, and set most if not all the overlays to be at the bottom. 4. Go to PlatformPro settings > Custom Code and the Custom CSS area. 5. Add and edit to the applicable width and height the following code: #feature_slider div.default-features {width: 630px;} #feature-area {width: XXXpx} .home #feature-footer {width: XXXpx;} .home #feature_slider{width:XXXpx;} .home #feature-area, .feature-wrap {width: XXXpx;} .home #feature-footer {width: XXXpx;} .home #sidebar-wrap{margin-top:-YYYpx;} XXX will all be the same measurement - essentially the exact same width as your Feature Slider images. -YYY is the distance from the top where you want the top of the sidebar to start. Try -370 to start and adjust it up or down to see where the sidebar goes to match the top of your slider. Please see a live example of this in action at http://www.epicurus.com/Glossary or http:/www.epicurus.com/beverages"

Basically, I'd like to do the same with the banner. is this not possible?

#4 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts
  • LocationEast Coast, USA
  • Framework Version:The Latest, of course

Posted 09 July 2013 - 04:45 PM   Best Answer

The banners are not rescalable.  They are full-width only.