Photo
- - - - -

Home page gallery slider for vertical and horizontal images

Best Answer Rob , 08 July 2013 - 11:33 AM

Hi,

First, that's not a slider. It's a carousel or scroller.  If you look at it, the images, whether portrait or landscape, are all the same height.  You could modify our carousel to do the same thing, or you can find a carousel plugin or section in Dashboard > PageLines > Store.  We have several options now.  There are also several available at Wordpress.org and Codecanyon.net.

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 quinntinm

quinntinm

• Members
  • 121 posts

Posted 08 July 2013 - 06:31 AM

Hello.

I am trying to find a plugin that will allow a gallery slider that will allow vertical and horizontal images in the same slider.

I have seen it in a theme (

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

) but nowhere else.

Is there anything like this in the pagelines store or does anyone here know where i can find this as a plugin?

Thanks.

#2 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts
  • LocationEast Coast, USA
  • Framework Version:The Latest, of course

Posted 08 July 2013 - 11:33 AM   Best Answer

Hi,

First, that's not a slider. It's a carousel or scroller.  If you look at it, the images, whether portrait or landscape, are all the same height.  You could modify our carousel to do the same thing, or you can find a carousel plugin or section in Dashboard > PageLines > Store.  We have several options now.  There are also several available at Wordpress.org and Codecanyon.net.

#3 quinntinm

quinntinm

• Members
  • 121 posts

Posted 08 July 2013 - 12:16 PM

Thanks for clarifying the scroller / carousel part of it.

The part about having to be able to make use of fixed height / variable width images unfortunately is not covered by any of the items in the store if i am not mistaken.

Thank you.

#4 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts

Posted 09 July 2013 - 03:29 AM

Hi,

That's because the size of the images isn't exclusively set by the carousel.  Rather, it's set by Wordpress settings (Dashboard > Settings > Reading) and of course, your graphics editor, to resize the images to the same, standard height so that Wordpress doesn't have to attempt scaling.

Then, within a carousel, you may find styling (CSS) that controls how images appear within the slider.  If the carousel has such styling, it can be adjusted (I use Firebug for Firefox or Chrome's Inspection Tools) after finding it, testing it, copying the working code and pasting it into Dashboard > PageLines > Site Options > Custom Code.

If your CSS has even dimensions for height and width, you may want to remove or modify the width to something like min-width: 100px; so that it allows your images to be of varying width, but set the height to a static dimension, so all are the same height as the images you've used.

Really, not difficult.

#5 quinntinm

quinntinm

• Members
  • 121 posts

Posted 09 July 2013 - 05:24 AM

Hey Rob.

All of the things you have mentioned i am well aware of, thank you - as you said "Really, not difficult."

Finding a carousel that works for what i need seems to be the only issue at the moment.

#6 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts

Posted 09 July 2013 - 01:35 PM

Well, our carousel might do the trick. It's built right in.