pageless css

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 jenske

jenske

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 11:48 AM

I have 5 sites that is setup the same. Recently I have noticed two of them load between 4-5sec longer than the others.

Host: IPage. (Everything is updated) Sites: memyselfandpeke.com and innerpeke.com

I have WT3 Cache installed and MaxCDN. I have also read all your topic forums on this and docs.

According to tools.pingdom.com the slow speed is due to the Pageless, which with the WT3 now off load 4-6sec on its own- with it on still 3-4sec.

I do not understand why I get this problem on only these two sites and have no idea what to look for or how to fix this (I am not a developer).

Can you give me any suggestions on what to do to fix this.

#2 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts
  • LocationEast Coast, USA
  • Framework Version:The Latest, of course

Posted 05 July 2013 - 01:22 PM

Hi,

Both sites loaded instantly for me.  Did you clear your browser cache?

Please snapshot the pingdom.com report, so we can see what exactly is causing the issue. Thanks.

#3 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 01:29 PM

Nevermind, I got the report.

Pageless is sitting there, waiting 2.01 seconds for a javascript to load from this plugin forms.aweber.com/form/17/. The plugin is evidently taking so long to load that Pageless cannot complete its compilation, waiting for the CSS from the form plugin.  It sounds like that form may be your problem.  Deactivate it temporarily.  Run the pingdom test again and see if you have improvement.

#4 jenske

jenske

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 02:14 PM

Hi. I deactivated the aweber plugin. It seems that it is not the cause of the pageless problem.

I have been comparing it to my two "working" pageless sites (which are basically the same as these two) to see if I can find the error.

The two "working" sites do test 520ms and 718ms respecitively and do not even bring up the pageless file.

Any other options for me?

#5 jenske

jenske

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 02:25 PM

It does seem to have a correlation with the html also loading longer. But once again, if you look at the sites,

they are extremely similar. I have no idea why these two html docs would be different. They are the same size

as the others.

#6 jenske

jenske

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 09:33 PM

I have to rectify my previous post - I re-enabled my cache plugin and it sorted out the html size.

So it is not related to the pageless css problem.

Can you tell me what file this is and where I should look for it. This is slowing my sites down.

Or can I disable it somewhere - restart it?

#7 James B

James B

Advocate

• Moderators
  • 4978 posts
  • LocationSurrey - UK

Posted 05 July 2013 - 09:38 PM

Hi there, Pageless is a store product, so I've moved your thread in to the store product forum so the developer can advise further for you.

#8 jenske

jenske

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 08 July 2013 - 05:59 PM

It has been 3 days now. And I haven't heard a word. Pageless still causing 2 sites to be slow. I had loading times of 16sec and 20sec.

Can anyone help me with this?

#9 Jenny

Jenny

Owned by PageLines

• Unicorn Store Dev

• 2917 posts
  • LocationWV

Posted 09 July 2013 - 03:29 PM

This is not related to a Store product. Pageless is the LESS/CSS processed by PageLines.

Looking at your site, you do have a few obvious issues.

First, when I load your home page, the URL changes to

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

.  Obviously not pretty and extra stuff being added from somewhere. Culprit here is a plugin.

Also, you're showing a shortcode in your post excerpt. Should correct that as well.

You have ultimate tinymce installed but I don't even think it works with PageLines. I recommend disabling all plugins so we can check your site then.

Moving this back to the right forum and closing your other topic.

#10 jenske

jenske

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 09 July 2013 - 05:54 PM

Ok I started with my site "innerpeke.com" - I disabled all plugins, removed the shortcodes, my css styling and the load in the url.

The sit still load 4secs - all that is left is pagelines theme, modern them (child theme) and a few picture that I uploaded.

#11 jenske

jenske

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 09 July 2013 - 06:10 PM

Ok I now removed my modern child theme and replaced it with the base child theme - so not the childtheme either

#12 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts

Posted 09 July 2013 - 06:44 PM

Hi,

I understand your frustration, but you must understand that not everything wrong with your site is PageLines' fault. 

Please see a current Pingdom test just done minutes ago (below)

116.22KB   0 downloads

This shows clearly that nearly 2 seconds of your load time comes directly from the domain, which means it precedes the actual loading of PageLines. As you can see, pageless doesn't even begin to load until after the domain is loaded.  That's clearly indicative of a server issue, not a software issue on our side.

Your host has probably assigned insufficient memory resources to your PHP allocation.  It should be a minimum of 64Mb, but I'd recommend at least 128Mb.  The max is 256Mb.

In the image below, you will see that 77% of your load time is dedicated to waiting.  While there is about 1 second wait for pageless,  that could be due to memory resources as well, or, it could be due to erroneous CSS.  As Jenny pointed out, you did have some mistakes in your site.  They can cause a problem.   Please consider that before PageLines loads, WordPress must load too.  If there are plugins in WordPress, they will, in many cases, load even before PageLines, as they may be part of the operating system, like a cache plugin.

84.21KB   0 downloads

When I replied to you several days ago, and recommended a solution, you didn't mention you had a cache plugin activated.  When a change is implemented you absolutely must clear the plugin cache afterwards or the change will not be seen.  This is critical, as it makes the support we give you useless until your cache clears.  If that's set to 24 hours, you wouldn't see the changes for a day.  Most cache plugins operate on 30 minutes, but still, that's half hour you'd not see what we've guided you to do.

I must point out that while James did not post anything further, our developers have been rather busy and didn't reply to him.  He said he'd respond when he knew and I assure you that he's excellent at following up.  Support in a forum is not instantaneous.  It can take days to get replies from busy developers. I apologize for the inconvenience, but that's the honest truth.   I might point out that our forums are responded to very quickly, compared to those in other companies where even an initial reply can take days or even weeks.

In conclusion, I recommend contacting the host, and showing them that first attachment I've provided. Ask them to upgrade the amount of RAM allocated to PHP resources.  Again, Pageless is not the problem here.

• Madi likes this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: pageless, css