I wonder if you might be able to help me? A client website is running extremely slowly and access the admin area is uber slow (I can make a cup of tea while it loads!). I have undertake the following investigations:-
- Disabled plugin and replaced individually (although these have a small impact on speed, its not overly onerous)
- Reverted back to the Default Wordpress Theme, this improved the speed significantly, so leads me to believe it MIGHT be something to do with the Pagelines configuration (I am using the Base Theme with some customisation).
- I have reviewed the forums on here and have installed the WP Super Cache, which has improved the loading speed, but its still taking between 8-10 seconds for the pages to load.
- My Hosting is with 123-Reg who use PHP5.3.
- I am running the latest version of Wordpress & Pagelines
- My internet speed is reasonable (Ping 8ms, Download 61mbps, Upload 3mbps)
- The url is
Is there anything else I should be considering?