Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 antonyw

antonyw

• Members
  • 171 posts

Posted 04 July 2013 - 06:36 AM

Ahhhhh...... Can anyone tell me why my thumbnails are being scaled.... Especially with the 'special recent posts' plugin?

Thanks

#2 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts
  • LocationEast Coast, USA
  • Framework Version:The Latest, of course

Posted 04 July 2013 - 12:51 PM

Hi Antony,

Special Recent Posts sets the thumbnail size to a specific set of dimensions.  You can adjust using CSS and an inspector to find the proper code.  See this for information about how to do it: 

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

WordPress too, sets image sizes for display of thumbnails.  If you add a 600px by 600px image to a post as featured image, then WordPress will use whatever size you have set in Dashboard > Settings > Media.   Should you change those dimensions, you will need a plugin to rebuild the database to reflect the new size.

#3 antonyw

antonyw

• Members
  • 171 posts

Posted 04 July 2013 - 06:55 PM

It's not that, I have Wordpress media sizes set, setup the plugin and still the thumbnails are being scaled... Even without the plugin in excerpts in magazine mode. Right clicking and looking at image info says they are the corrects size but also says they are scaled to x px 'x' y px

Are they being scaled to a factor of the original to fit in a specific box size somehow?

#4 James B

James B

Advocate

• Moderators
  • 4978 posts
  • LocationSurrey - UK

Posted 04 July 2013 - 07:24 PM

Hello, what page on the site is the special recent posts on? I've looked through the links but can only see the main blog roll on the site you have set in the private profile link.

Special recent posts has its own option menu for thumbnails sizes as far as I'm aware

#5 antonyw

antonyw

• Members
  • 171 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 04:47 AM

Right click the thumbnails under the 'projects' link and 'view image info' .... scaled from 150x150 to 40x40

#6 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts
  • Framework Version:The Latest, of course

Posted 05 July 2013 - 12:47 PM

Antony,

Please answer the questions we have so that we can try to help.  James asked you for a link to a page on your site where Special Recent Posts is displayed.

Also, I think you misunderstood me.   Again, if you go to a post in WordPress and add a featured image of 600px by 600px, and the WordPress settings at Dashboard > Settings > Media say your post thumbnails should be 150px x 150px, then all you will see is 150px x 150px for normal blog listings.  Magazine mode makes them even smaller to make the size of the thumbnail fit the smaller magazine clip size.  To fix that, you'd have to copy and edit the postloop section to a child or Base Theme.

If you want to change Special Recent Posts, you must do two things.  1. You change the settings in Special Recent Posts.  and 2. You must find the CSS element for post thumbnails used by Special Recent Posts and customize the CSS for your purposes.

#7 antonyw

antonyw

• Members
  • 171 posts

Posted 06 July 2013 - 07:45 AM   Best Answer

Its ok i fixed it

#8 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts