2 replies to this topic

#1 stephwise

stephwise

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 74 posts

Posted 03 July 2013 - 04:39 AM

Hi, 

One of my client's websites is extremely slow.  I have followed all of the advice I could find on the forums, and spent several hours on pingdom and google speed test.  Can someone please help.  Here is the site:

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

I have activated debug and removed the cache.

Thanks!

#2 nfp1900

nfp1900

Advocate

• Members

• 265 posts
  • LocationLondon (the original one)
  • Framework Version:The Latest

Posted 03 July 2013 - 05:04 PM

It didn't seem that terrible from the UK. On shared hosts sites can be intermittently affected but they are normally aware if there are sudden spikes in traffic. There are also ongoing issues with Wordpress sites and brute force attacks which can cause response times to be painfully slow and then fine without any apparent reason. Ensure you have a security plugin to protect your admin area.

PS Just a comment but are those quickslider images on the homepage meant to be so pixelated?

• Martin Davies likes this

#3 Martin Davies

Martin Davies

Advocate

• Moderators
  • 2516 posts
  • LocationManchester, England
  • Framework Version:latest

Posted 03 July 2013 - 05:29 PM

Hi Steph 

Thanks for enabling debug for us. I am also in the Uk and site performance didn't seem to be too bad if i'm honest 

You may well find a definitive answer to your question here 

on a side note. You can see your debug information here 

You host is using PHP version version 5.3 and the following deprecated security functionality. (you can see the debug information here (

)

PHP Magic Quotes gpc : Yes (bad) PHP User : Posix functions are disabled on this host!

It might be beneficial to contact your host and ask them to remove the deprecated functionality or upgrade to PHP version 5.4.