Photo
- - - - -

Customizing Callout sections individually?

callout clone

Best Answer Rob , 02 July 2013 - 07:00 PM

Hi,

Personally, I'm not a fan of cloned sections.  That said, my suggestion would be to use some of your other options for the cloned section.  I see you're already using Hero, Highlight or just a Content Box with some of our tools to create the text, button and link.

Here's a snapshot.

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 danmanders

danmanders

• Members

• 23 posts
  • LocationPhiladelphia

Posted 02 July 2013 - 05:23 PM

Hi all! I'm having an issue figuring out how to specify in the Custom CSS section that I'd like to make modifications to Callout sections individually, rather than site-wide. This code will hide the text and title on all of the Callouts:

.callout_text { 
  display: none; 
}

I've been trying to figure out how to only apply it to Callout clone #2, but can't get it right. I know it involves "clone_2", but I'm unable to find the relevant line with Firebug. Could someone please help? Thank you!

#2 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts
  • LocationEast Coast, USA
  • Framework Version:The Latest, of course

Posted 02 July 2013 - 05:41 PM

Are multiple clones on the same page/post?

Do you have Firebug for Firefox or use Chrome's Inspection Tools?

#3 danmanders

danmanders

• Members

• 23 posts
  • LocationPhiladelphia

Posted 02 July 2013 - 05:47 PM

Hi Rob, there are two Callouts on that page (

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

), and the clone is the one I'd like to hide the text on. I've also got a Callout on another page on the site, which is being affected as well. I use both Firebug and Chrome's Web Developer tool, but all of this is new to me and I'm still learning. I've figurred out a number of lines to pull from there so far to customize my site, but this one I can't seem to track down for some reason.

#4 danmanders

danmanders

• Members

• 23 posts
  • LocationPhiladelphia

Posted 02 July 2013 - 05:57 PM

Maybe the best thing to do would be to take a screenshot of correct line in Firebug so I can be more likely to be able to help myself in the future?

#5 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts
  • LocationEast Coast, USA
  • Framework Version:The Latest, of course

Posted 02 July 2013 - 07:00 PM   Best Answer

Hi,

Personally, I'm not a fan of cloned sections.  That said, my suggestion would be to use some of your other options for the cloned section.  I see you're already using Hero, Highlight or just a Content Box with some of

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

to create the text, button and link.

Here's a snapshot.

Attached Files

• danmanders likes this

#6 danmanders

danmanders

• Members

• 23 posts
  • LocationPhiladelphia

Posted 02 July 2013 - 07:49 PM

Thanks Rob! I just used a Content Box and the button shortcode and it worked great. That Tools page is handy, I hadn't come across it yet.

For my own reference, could you tell me how I would have done it the other way though? I tried a couple different configurations of ".section-callout" and "section.copy" but couldn't get anything to work. I'm trying to get a better handle on how to go from Firebug to the Custom CSS section, as that would eliminate about 90% of the questions I currently have and then I wouldn't need to inquire about basic things on here. Thanks again!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: callout, clone