Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Customizing Callout sections individually?

Question

Posted · Report post

Hi all! I'm having an issue figuring out how to specify in the Custom CSS section that I'd like to make modifications to Callout sections individually, rather than site-wide. This code will hide the text and title on all of the Callouts:

.callout_text { 
  display: none; 
}

I've been trying to figure out how to only apply it to Callout clone #2, but can't get it right. I know it involves "clone_2", but I'm unable to find the relevant line with Firebug. Could someone please help? Thank you!

5 answers to this question

Posted · Report post

Hi,

Personally, I'm not a fan of cloned sections.  That said, my suggestion would be to use some of your other options for the cloned section.  I see you're already using Hero, Highlight or just a Content Box with some of our tools to create the text, button and link.

Here's a snapshot.

1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

Are multiple clones on the same page/post?

Do you have Firebug for Firefox or use Chrome's Inspection Tools?

Posted · Report post

Hi Rob, there are two Callouts on that page (http://danmanders.com), and the clone is the one I'd like to hide the text on. I've also got a Callout on another page on the site, which is being affected as well. I use both Firebug and Chrome's Web Developer tool, but all of this is new to me and I'm still learning. I've figurred out a number of lines to pull from there so far to customize my site, but this one I can't seem to track down for some reason.

Posted · Report post

Maybe the best thing to do would be to take a screenshot of correct line in Firebug so I can be more likely to be able to help myself in the future?

Posted · Report post

Thanks Rob! I just used a Content Box and the button shortcode and it worked great. That Tools page is handy, I hadn't come across it yet.

For my own reference, could you tell me how I would have done it the other way though? I tried a couple different configurations of ".section-callout" and "section.copy" but couldn't get anything to work. I'm trying to get a better handle on how to go from Firebug to the Custom CSS section, as that would eliminate about 90% of the questions I currently have and then I wouldn't need to inquire about basic things on here. Thanks again!