Photo
- - - - -

BP Template Pack conflict

buddy press

Best Answer weave5 , 05 July 2013 - 04:13 PM

Thanks for the advice. I ended up moving the post update file, as our users didn't like the function anyway, and that was an easy fix. But, if I run into any more conflicts, I will adjust the css like you suggest.

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 weave5

weave5

• Members
  • 5 posts
  • LocationMinneapolis
  • Framework Version:2.4.3

Posted 01 July 2013 - 10:14 PM

When I turn on the BuddyPress Template Pack, the dropdown navigation of the header mneu goes away, just showing parent pages. If I disable the BP Template Pack JS / AJAX, the drop down nav shows up, but users are unable to post updates in any forum.  If I deactivate the template pack, users can post updates and the drop down nav works, but the forum is in a bare-bones default style, not the nice compatible Pagelines style.

What can I do to make the BP Template Pack JS / AJAX work, so that the classic drop down nav works, I don't have to use the fixed navigation bar (unless this is the best option), and that users can post updates?

My site: www.weaversguildmn.org

Running Pagelines Framework 2.4.3 and Wordpress 3.5.2 

Plugins running:

Buddy Press

bbpress

bbpress for Pagelines

BuddyPress Group Email Subscription

BuddyPress Template Pack

Membee login

I'm a novice, so I appreciate step-by-step help.

Thanks!

#2 James B

James B

Advocate

• Moderators
  • 4978 posts
  • LocationSurrey - UK

Posted 01 July 2013 - 11:48 PM

Hi there, I've got the template pack active and the classic nav, I'm still seeing the drop downs appear though.

Have you tried disabling any other plugins you have active in case something else is conflicting with the template pack when active resulting in the error you're seeing.

Currently on your site, I can see the drop downs displaying and setup looking like this -

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

#3 weave5

weave5

• Members
  • 5 posts
  • LocationMinneapolis

Posted 03 July 2013 - 07:42 PM

I suspect that there is a conflict between the Membee login, which I need to run, and the BuddyPress Template Pack.

#4 James B

James B

Advocate

• Moderators
  • 4978 posts
  • LocationSurrey - UK

Posted 03 July 2013 - 09:18 PM

You can try contacting membee to see if they can spot what it is in the code that could be causing the conflict or offer an alternative patch.

The other option would be to style the bbpress items you want to adjust using css manually to get the same type of affect. If you use firebug you could try copying the styles and then pasting them back into the framework.

#5 weave5

weave5

• Members
  • 5 posts
  • LocationMinneapolis

Posted 05 July 2013 - 04:13 PM   Best Answer

Thanks for the advice. I ended up moving the post update file, as our users didn't like the function anyway, and that was an easy fix. But, if I run into any more conflicts, I will adjust the css like you suggest.

#6 Martin Davies

Martin Davies

Advocate

• Moderators
  • 2376 posts
  • LocationManchester, England
  • Framework Version:latest

Posted 05 July 2013 - 04:56 PM

thanks for letting us know :)