Photo
- - - - -

Twitter timeline widget

Twitter

Best Answer Rob , 07 August 2013 - 03:08 PM

Let me explain how this works and doesn't work. 

When you login as admin, all the backend processes like Javascript, jquery, AJAX and other things running in the background when logged out, are turned off. 

So, when you're in Admin, you can see Twitter, with no problems, even in the morefoot.  Because the code for the morefoot is inactive, even if you're viewing it.  The system believes all you're doing is viewing the page, but still editing.

Once you log out, the code for the morefoot (the bit that blocks javascript) is activated again, blocking your javascript based content.  I had the exact same issue with my ads. 

Since you're trying to use this in a three column format, why not just add a content box to your page, and apply a grid, with three columns and in one column, add another single grid element with the twitter code?  It would yield the EXACT effect you're trying to achieve and display the twitter feed because it's not blocked from displaying javascript.

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

#21 James B

James B

Advocate

• Moderators
  • 4979 posts
  • LocationSurrey - UK

Posted 10 July 2013 - 01:50 AM

Hi there, do you mean a single box or a widget?

I've pasted the code into a box and yes it vanishes, I've pasted in to a widget and it's constant. So I wouldn't imagine there's a conflict between that code for the twitter embed and the boxes. I'll report this to our developer team.

#22 tajogesi

tajogesi

• Validating
  • 118 posts

Posted 10 July 2013 - 04:55 PM

Hi James,

I mean the single boxes, but also in my more footer widget it doesn't show.

Can I delete my example of the boxes of the homepage, because it doesn't look nice now.

Kind regards

#23 James B

James B

Advocate

• Moderators
  • 4979 posts
  • LocationSurrey - UK

Posted 10 July 2013 - 08:26 PM

Hi there,

Yes you can remove the example from the home page :-)

#24 tajogesi

tajogesi

• Validating
  • 118 posts

Posted 11 July 2013 - 08:06 AM

Hi James,

I also think my other problem has to do with this error, a few months ago I made a page, 

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

, with views and types, for reasons it was on hold up till now. A few months ago I worked fine even with testing with other people everyting looks and works like it should be.

Now the page doesn't fill its content when I'm not logged in as an administrotor, when I'm logged in as an administrator it looks and works like my perfect test a few months ago and the page fills its content. I didn't change anythong so it should be working as I tested it.

Can you tell that to the developers too, to me it seems that it has somethiong to do with my twitter timeline problem which we discovered.

Kind regards

#25 Martin Davies

Martin Davies

Advocate

• Moderators
  • 2469 posts
  • LocationManchester, England
  • Framework Version:latest

Posted 11 July 2013 - 03:37 PM

Thanks tajogesi - this will also be taken into consideration when investigated 

#26 tajogesi

tajogesi

• Validating
  • 118 posts

Posted 12 July 2013 - 02:52 PM

Thank you in advance, and for the types en views a use

Kind regards.

#27 James B

James B

Advocate

• Moderators
  • 4979 posts
  • LocationSurrey - UK

Posted 12 July 2013 - 08:53 PM

Hi there,

We don't support third party plugins unfortunately like wp types and views, if you're getting errors on that setup you'd need to address this directly with the plugin author to see if they could provide a fix or a workaround unfortunately. If it's just a layout error inside the framework but the actual code is displaying correctly they you could use a css fix to correct the layout on that particular template.

#28 tajogesi

tajogesi

• Validating
  • 118 posts

Posted 15 July 2013 - 06:04 PM

Hi James,

I know that you don't support a third party plug-in, thats not what I'm asking to solve. I only want to help to solve my problem with my pagelines problem. I only thought that this information could help you to find out my problem as mentioned in this topic about the twitter timeline.

No it is not a css problem, because I can see my content on my page when I'm logged in as an administrator, so if there was a css problem I couldn't see my page as an administrator. So far it looks like it is an loading problem too and I also hoped that it has something to do with my Twitter timeline loading problem.

Sorry for the misunderstanding.

Kind regards

#29 tajogesi

tajogesi

• Validating
  • 118 posts

Posted 18 July 2013 - 12:22 PM

Hi Pagelines,

Do you have any idea how long it will take to solve the twitter timeline problem? This is a question of the owner of the website.

Kind regards.

#30 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts
  • LocationEast Coast, USA
  • Framework Version:The Latest, of course

Posted 19 July 2013 - 01:31 PM

Hi,

Kindly inform the owner of the website that the Twitter Timeline, coming directly from Twitter works just fine in PageLines. Show your client this: 

This extensive topic is going on for no reason.  The Twitter Timeline isn't a plugin.  It is a product from Twitter and works perfectly in PageLines.  I've now tested it four times and there's absolutely nothing whatsoever to fix on our side or on Twitter's side.  There may be a plugin conflict with it on your client's site, which could be resolved by deactivating the plugins to see if it resolves. If not, then there may be a conflict with custom code you've added to the site or to the Twitter Timeline code.  We cannot fix those errors as we did not create your code or customizations.

In testing the Twitter Timeline code, I simply obtained the code from Twitter and added it to a text widget in one of my sidebars.  It did not require custom coding, nor did it require any special effort.  The code does not work in boxes.  It will not work in a box because boxes will not accept code like that.  You need to modify your approach and use our Grid System.  Code like Twitter's will not work inside a custom post type like Boxes. We are not able to fix Boxes to suit your client's wishes, particularly when there is a viable alternative.

You need to read Twitter's documentation, follow it, and obtain the code they'll generate for you and post it to your site as I did.  You should have no problems.

#31 tajogesi

tajogesi

• Validating
  • 118 posts

Posted 22 July 2013 - 04:21 PM

Hi Rob,

Sorry I think you mist this topic from here (see quote below) and I'm not the only person who has this problem and even James takes this problem serious. 

Because of the design (one of the reasons I have to chose the Pagelines Framework templates) of my client I need to put the widget into the morefoot area, why does the twitter timeline widget works fine in a textwidget in my normal default wordpress Twenty ten template and not into the Pagelines Framework Morefoot area ore boxes.

" When i deactivated action map, my homepage becomes a mess. Strange because I now that is it to find actual hooks, so deactivating should not give the mess. 

Also I found this, 

topic on the pagelines forum.

My twitter timeline widget is also in the morefoot area."

Still waiting for a proper solution and answer on this timeline twitter problem and if there is no solution please let me know too.

Very Kind regards

#32 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts

Posted 02 August 2013 - 01:27 PM

The morefoot does not allow any javascript to function there and since Twitter Timeline uses javascript, it will not work there.  I should add that even the advertising I had from Google Adsense once placed in my morefoot will not function properly because it's javascript.  If you place Twitter Timeline in a sidebar, using text widget, it will work.

#33 tajogesi

tajogesi

• Validating
  • 118 posts

Posted 05 August 2013 - 01:43 PM

Hi Rob,

According to your reply I did the next.

Because I don't use sidebars on the homepage (the place where my client want to have the twitterfeed) I did a test with my boxes.

Now when I'm logged in I can see the twitterfeed in the box (the twitterfeed on the middle of the screenshot) even in the morefoot it (the twitterfeed on the right side of the screenshot) shows up (???) where you say it's not function properly.

But when I'm not logged in I cann't see the twitterfeed in my box and the morefooter area.

Herewith a screenshot of the twitterfeed when I'm logged in

3.83KB   0 downloads. The one when not logged in is live on the website now, please let me know when you take a notice of it than I can deactivate it again.

Hope Pagelines can help to solve this issue.

#34 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts

Posted 07 August 2013 - 03:08 PM   Best Answer

Let me explain how this works and doesn't work. 

When you login as admin, all the backend processes like Javascript, jquery, AJAX and other things running in the background when logged out, are turned off. 

So, when you're in Admin, you can see Twitter, with no problems, even in the morefoot.  Because the code for the morefoot is inactive, even if you're viewing it.  The system believes all you're doing is viewing the page, but still editing.

Once you log out, the code for the morefoot (the bit that blocks javascript) is activated again, blocking your javascript based content.  I had the exact same issue with my ads. 

Since you're trying to use this in a three column format, why not just add a content box to your page, and apply a grid, with three columns and in one column, add another single grid element with the twitter code?  It would yield the EXACT effect you're trying to achieve and display the twitter feed because it's not blocked from displaying javascript.

#35 tajogesi

tajogesi

• Validating
  • 118 posts

Posted 19 August 2013 - 08:28 AM

Competely made a new homepage for this mather

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Twitter