Photo
Pockets

Pockets labels - global

Best Answer beardedavenger , 13 July 2013 - 03:01 PM

Yep with the circle image, make sure your original image is square. :)

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 caspersjan

caspersjan

• Members

• 162 posts

Posted 01 July 2013 - 09:11 PM

Dear Nick, I finally got my teeth into Pockets, having had it installed for a few months now. It looks great. And the documentation is excellent.  I could not find any mention of global settings for Pocket labels though. Is that not possible? I am trying to set up a system whereby the Pockets can be populated with content sent in by users through a form (I saw you mention Gravity in other sections, I use Formidable but I am sure they work more or less in the same way). For this, the different labels would have to be custom fields with specific names. But even if I create all the Pockets manually, it would seen useful to have a global setting for the labels, if they are to be always the same. Does this make any sense? If you think there is a way to work it out, let me know or even point me in the right direction. Thanking you, greetings and good luck. Yours faithfully, Jan.

#2 beardedavenger

beardedavenger

Unicorn Wrangler

• Members

• 1219 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 06:02 PM

I know exactly what you mean, but without hard coding them in I'm not sure if there's a way. I can definitely look into it for you.

#3 caspersjan

caspersjan

• Members

• 162 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 07:12 PM

Thank you Nick, this answer tips my scales towards Plan B, I'll keep Pockets for non-user generated content, then it's not a problem. Plan B however (self-templated blog posts with Ellen Moore's elegant Filtering section to do the Isotope magic) has a BA Shortcodes function as the visual icing icing on the cake: The "Styled Image: Circle" shortcode. It malfunctions, not life-threateningly, but noticably: It turns everything oval, where I remember it to render beautiful circles (of which by the looks of it much more are to come with the dawn of DMS...). I will put all the details into a post under BA Shortcodes now. For the time being, thank you once again for your help and understanding. Yours faithfully, Jan.

#4 beardedavenger

beardedavenger

Unicorn Wrangler

• Members

• 1219 posts

Posted 13 July 2013 - 03:01 PM   Best Answer

Yep with the circle image, make sure your original image is square. :)

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Pockets