Photo

Blog Posts (single post pages) not working on phone/tablet

phone tablet mobile not showing

Best Answer jessedoor , 02 July 2013 - 11:00 AM

Goodness gracious. Nope. It's not returning anything now... not even the pretty 404 page. I tried to re-save the permalinks (changed them and re-saved, updated the .htcaccess file). Now I can't see anything on the post pages. Even when I'm on the actual post itself in the WP editor and I click "view this post" it doesn't work. Any suggestions? Thank you for your quick response... I know this isn't necessarily a theme-specific issue, but I figured I'd just ask since we were already on the topic. 

*EDIT: Played around with stuff. Turns out it was a silly mod_rewrite issue. Ay yi yi. Thank you though! 

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 jessedoor

jessedoor

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 01 July 2013 - 09:02 PM

My website, powerhousehomes.com (not fully styled out yet or anything) is super simple. I picked this theme mainly for its responsiveness. The second image that pops up in the slideshow on the main page takes the user to the listing page (post) for that house (http://powerhousehomes.com/?p=11). This works just fine on my computer, but it generates a 404 error when I access it using my kindle or phone. Any help? thank you! 

#2 James B

James B

Advocate

• Members

• 5126 posts
  • LocationSurrey - UK

Posted 01 July 2013 - 10:57 PM

Hi there, I'm getting a 404 on the page on my desktop machine, it could be your desktop is using a cached version?

Check/re-save your permalink settings and republish that page to test if it comes back.

#3 jessedoor

jessedoor

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 02 July 2013 - 11:00 AM   Best Answer

Goodness gracious. Nope. It's not returning anything now... not even the pretty 404 page. I tried to re-save the permalinks (changed them and re-saved, updated the .htcaccess file). Now I can't see anything on the post pages. Even when I'm on the actual post itself in the WP editor and I click "view this post" it doesn't work. Any suggestions? Thank you for your quick response... I know this isn't necessarily a theme-specific issue, but I figured I'd just ask since we were already on the topic. 

*EDIT: Played around with stuff. Turns out it was a silly mod_rewrite issue. Ay yi yi. Thank you though! 

Edited by jessedoor, 02 July 2013 - 11:12 AM.

#4 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts
  • LocationEast Coast, USA
  • Framework Version:The Latest, of course

Posted 02 July 2013 - 03:20 PM

Glad it's just that and resolved.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: phone, tablet, mobile, not showing