Extra feature set slider that's blank

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 briantraudt

briantraudt

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 01 July 2013 - 07:42 PM

I keep having an extra feature set slider show up that's blank and can't figure out why?  

#2 Martin Davies

Martin Davies

Advocate

• Moderators
  • 2380 posts
  • LocationManchester, England
  • Framework Version:latest

Posted 01 July 2013 - 09:32 PM

Do you have a link to your site? 

#3 briantraudt

briantraudt

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 01 July 2013 - 09:34 PM

www.veradatum.com

#4 James B

James B

Advocate

• Moderators
  • 4978 posts
  • LocationSurrey - UK

Posted 01 July 2013 - 10:46 PM

Hi there,

Looking through the source code on your page it seems something has been inserting additional html, <small> all over the page -

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

Have you made any changes to the html on the page, added any text into any the widgets etc which include that code?

Try disabling all third party plugins incase any of them are affecting this.

Also check to see if you have any slides in the trash or unpublished which are blank, if so permanently delete them.

#5 briantraudt

briantraudt

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 01 July 2013 - 10:50 PM

I added some code to each feature. i.e. Business Intelligence. <br> <small>The right information. <br>To the right people. <br>At the right time.

I already disabled the plugins and that didn't seem to change anything and I have no features in the trash.

#6 James B

James B

Advocate

• Moderators
  • 4978 posts
  • LocationSurrey - UK

Posted 01 July 2013 - 11:52 PM

Ok in that case the code in the slide isn't correct, I would imagine one of the divs isn't closed properly as the <small> tag seems to be outside of the slider. Try removing the code from the slider to test.

#7 klausk

klausk

• Members

• 21 posts

Posted 07 August 2013 - 03:09 AM

Ok in that case the code in the slide isn't correct, I would imagine one of the divs isn't closed properly as the <small> tag seems to be outside of the slider. Try removing the code from the slider to test.

I had the exact same problem (extra blank feature) and italicized text everywhere (there's the clue). Just had to methodically go through all the content area on that page (in HTML/TEXT) mode, then all the Features. Turned out there was <em> instead of an </em> in the second to last feature. Another clue was the feature after that was displaying more italic text where it shouldn't be. Jame's B was absolutely right. Those missing closing tags will get you if you are not methodical and clean when you cut and paste stuff. Thanks James! 

#8 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts
  • LocationEast Coast, USA
  • Framework Version:The Latest, of course

Posted 10 August 2013 - 04:46 PM

On James' behalf, you're welcome.