#1 Sourena

Sourena

Advocate

• Members

• 563 posts
  • LocationWilliamstown, MA
  • Framework Version:2.4.1

Posted 30 June 2013 - 03:13 AM

I have two websites running Pagelines 2.4.4 as their theme (using a child theme). I also use "W3 Total Cache" and "Amazon S3" as my CDN service. The first website does not work properly when CDN is activated on "W3 Total Cache". The problem is that the LESS CSS is not uploaded to "Amazon S3" so the website misses the styles. The second website has the exact same settings but it has no problem.

Checking everything I noticed that the first website has a folder names "page lines" in the uploads folder (within "wp-content"). Inside this folder there are multiple compiled files of compiled CSS files. Also this line in the source code of my homepage refers to one of these compiled files:

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

In the second website the line is different:

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

There is no "page lines" folder created in the "uploads" folder in the second website and it has no problem.

Why these two websites have this difference and how can I fix that?

#2 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts
  • LocationEast Coast, USA
  • Framework Version:The Latest, of course

Posted 30 June 2013 - 03:05 PM

Hi Sourena,

It seems W3 Total cache creates the uploads/pagelines folder to store the compiled CSS.  I use the came cache plugin, but with MaxCDN and have the same folder with the same type of content.

This could well be a permissions issue.  I'll have to wait for Simon to chime in on this as he's our genius about CDN.

#3 Sourena

Sourena

Advocate

• Members

• 563 posts
  • LocationWilliamstown, MA
  • Framework Version:2.4.1

Posted 01 July 2013 - 05:12 PM

Thanks.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: less, pagelines-less, CDN