Photo

HELP

Best Answer Rob , 30 June 2013 - 03:39 PM

Framework replaced PlatformPro.

If you have the file pagelines.zip on your local computer (downloaded from PageLines.com/launchpad), then unzip the file to your desktop.  You'll have a new folder there called pagelines

FTP into wp-content/themes.   If you see a folder there named pagelines, delete it.  Once completed, upload the pagelines folder from your desktop.

Now, login to WordPress as admin and go to Dashboard > Appearance > Themes.   You should see PageLines as an option. Activate it.

You will then see PageLines as an option on the Dashboard. You can then start your setup of the site.  Here are our Docs for you to be able to start your settings and updates.

You may need to adjust your custom CSS from PlatformPro, but it should generally be picked up.

You will need to set the theme location for your menu in Dashboard > Appearance > Menus (a simple drop down selector).

You will likely need to re-order your widgets in Dashboard > Appearance > Widgets.  This is simply a matter of dragging and dropping them from their new position in the wrong sidebars, to the correct sidebar.  Don't move them to the left, only up or down.

That should be all there is to it.

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 longtom3

longtom3

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 29 June 2013 - 10:52 PM

Have have been using platform pro for several years.   No when I try to install, it tells me I have to have a framework.  I have now paid for that.   Now nether PPro or Pagelines will install on my wordpress site.

How can I get some help on this?  Do I need Framework?   If not, how do I contact anyone to get a refund?

Please can I talk with someone?  Chat with someone?

#2 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts
  • LocationEast Coast, USA
  • Framework Version:The Latest, of course

Posted 30 June 2013 - 02:42 PM

Hi,

PlatformPro has reached the end of its life cycle, which has been written about extensively in this forum. The product is well past its 30 day refund period, so no refunds will be provided for PlatformPro.  If you've purchased PageLines recently, within the past 30 days, you can, of course, get a refund for that. 

You do need Framework, as it will pick up most of your customizations from PlatformPro, and carry them forth.  I cannot say if the next generation will pick up anything from PlatformPro, but very seriously doubt it.

However, it might be helpful if you explained how you're attempting to install PageLines Framework and we'll be happy to support and assist with that.

Have you purchased PageLines Framework?

#3 longtom3

longtom3

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 30 June 2013 - 03:05 PM

I've been out of the loop for awhile.

So Framework is a replacement for Pagelines?

Well, then I have purchased Pagelines framework, and I cannot upload into latest version of WP.  I just get an "are your sure?", then nothing.

Any idea how I can install?

#4 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts
  • LocationEast Coast, USA
  • Framework Version:The Latest, of course

Posted 30 June 2013 - 03:39 PM   Best Answer

Framework replaced PlatformPro.

If you have the file pagelines.zip on your local computer (downloaded from PageLines.com/launchpad), then unzip the file to your desktop.  You'll have a new folder there called pagelines

FTP into wp-content/themes.   If you see a folder there named pagelines, delete it.  Once completed, upload the pagelines folder from your desktop.

Now, login to WordPress as admin and go to Dashboard > Appearance > Themes.   You should see PageLines as an option. Activate it.

You will then see PageLines as an option on the Dashboard. You can then start your setup of the site.  Here are our Docs for you to be able to start your settings and updates.

You may need to adjust your custom CSS from PlatformPro, but it should generally be picked up.

You will need to set the theme location for your menu in Dashboard > Appearance > Menus (a simple drop down selector).

You will likely need to re-order your widgets in Dashboard > Appearance > Widgets.  This is simply a matter of dragging and dropping them from their new position in the wrong sidebars, to the correct sidebar.  Don't move them to the left, only up or down.

That should be all there is to it.