Photo
- - - - -

Multisite setup problem (no layout)

Best Answer Willem-Siebe Spoelstra , 02 July 2013 - 09:08 PM

Hi everybody, I'm happy to let you know that this time everything works as it should be.

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Willem-Siebe Spoelstra

Willem-Siebe Spoelstra

• Members
  • 228 posts
  • LocationAlmere

Posted 29 June 2013 - 05:29 PM

Hi,

I changed my website ruzzleonline.nl to multisite and everything went great.

The layout of the website was correct except the main menu didn't used the colors specified in Simple CSS lite plugin I was using for that.

When I was in the dashboard of ruzzleonline, I went to the settings from Simple CSS lite plugin and saw that all the colors were correct. I hit save and from that moment my layout of the website is not good anymore.

I don't know how to get it back on track. I network disabled Simple CSS lite plugin, but that had no effect.

Hope to hear from you.

Kind regards,

Willem-Siebe Spoelstra

#2 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts
  • LocationEast Coast, USA
  • Framework Version:The Latest, of course

Posted 29 June 2013 - 06:05 PM

Willem,

First, do you have a cache plugin activated? If so, please clear the plugin's cache. 

Next, I'd recommend updating the permalinks.   You go to Dashboard > Settings > Permalinks and without changing anything, just save. 

See if those work and let us know.

#3 Willem-Siebe Spoelstra

Willem-Siebe Spoelstra

• Members
  • 228 posts
  • LocationAlmere

Posted 29 June 2013 - 06:20 PM

Hi Rob,

I host the website at WPEngine and indeed there is a cache. I cleared it on multisite level and on site level. I was to quick reading your advice, because when I went to permalinks, I saw a real long permalinks activated with year, date etc. etc, so I did change it to only postname again how it was before, saved it. Links are working on the website, but design is still not back.

Before I changed to multisite I had the customize plugin on ruzzleonline.nl installed, I changed that without problems to a child theme, and from there on I changed it to multisite. Don't know if it helps telling this, but at this moment I don know what the problem is, so I just provide you with information.

Kind regards,

Willem

#4 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts

Posted 29 June 2013 - 06:27 PM

Willem, I doubt the pagelines-customize plugin being converted to a child theme is the root cause of this, but, let me point out that child themes can be updated by their authors (except for Base Theme), and some things work best in the customize plugin, like hooks.  I'd suggest restoring that.

As for the Simple CSS Lite plugin, I'm going to have to defer this to one of my colleagues as I don't know why that would cause any disruption, unless the CSS it writes is not carrying into the multisite environment. 

#5 Willem-Siebe Spoelstra

Willem-Siebe Spoelstra

• Members
  • 228 posts
  • LocationAlmere

Posted 29 June 2013 - 06:33 PM

Hi Rob,

The child theme I changed to from the customize plugin is the base theme. The LESS and functions.php I had in my customize plugin  I copied to the base theme and worked without any problems.

Now, in the multisite setup, I see that this base theme is installed as a network activated theme, which in my opinion is the way it should be?

I also see it activited when I check on sitelevel, but that's also normal I think because the basetheme is network activated.

Kind regards,

Willem

#6 onlinetracker

onlinetracker

• Members

• 154 posts

Posted 29 June 2013 - 11:31 PM

Willem,

Is this in your wp-config.php file?

define( 'PL_NO_DYNAMIC_URL', true );

From experience... that was the problem on my Multisite and it took forever to discover until James B [of Pagelines] suggested it. Refresh the sites by visiting them, and it was done. Problem solved. I'm not sure which site you are working on though, so it could be the same problem.

#7 Willem-Siebe Spoelstra

Willem-Siebe Spoelstra

• Members
  • 228 posts
  • LocationAlmere

Posted 30 June 2013 - 07:49 AM

Hi onlinetracker, I really appreciate you help. I added it, but it did not change anything. 

I changed  my site back to the old situation and will do all the steps for multisite setup again, and see if I face the same problem again.

I wil let it know here when I encounter the same problem again.

Thanks sofar.

Kind regards,

Willem

#8 Willem-Siebe Spoelstra

Willem-Siebe Spoelstra

• Members
  • 228 posts
  • LocationAlmere

Posted 02 July 2013 - 09:08 PM   Best Answer

Hi everybody, I'm happy to let you know that this time everything works as it should be.

#9 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts

Posted 03 July 2013 - 02:12 AM

I'm happy to hear this.