iblogpro5 whitespace

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 dutchgirl

dutchgirl

• Members

• 12 posts

Posted 29 June 2013 - 12:14 AM

Hi there. The front page of my site consists of a menu, a banner and boxes (no content area). However the space between the banners and the boxes below them is 400 px, which is the height of the content area if there were any content enabled on that page. 

I used Firebug and tried to reduce the space to 20px using this code in the CSS. This doesn't reduce or change the spacing. Any ideas? 

}
#site #page, #site #dynamic-content {
  min-height:20px;
  zoom:1;
}

• assomibatrifs likes this

#2 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts
  • LocationEast Coast, USA
  • Framework Version:The Latest, of course

Posted 29 June 2013 - 12:06 PM

Hi,

Your website is yielding a PHP error.  It also says you're using Free Web Hosting.  Personally, I don't recommend using such things as it generally doesn't provide the resources needed. After all, you're getting what you pay for. I'd recommend investing in some more tangible hosting with the proper controls, resources and facilities you need to host your site.

The error is likely due to a lack of PHP resources needed to handle the traffic and the processes of your site.

• assomibatrifs likes this

#3 dutchgirl

dutchgirl

• Members

• 12 posts

Posted 29 June 2013 - 02:44 PM

Sorry. You lost me. I didn't mention the website, and it IS on paid hosting. ? In any event, this is a CSS problem, not a php issue.

So... there is a large white space (400px) where the page content presumably goes.  Anyone have any ideas on reducing this gap?

#4 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts

Posted 29 June 2013 - 03:11 PM

When I viewed www.sublimecompany.com, the error specifically referenced free hosting. Apologies for the confusion. Please, in future, include a link to the site in question.  Kindly let us know which site we're looking for in this topic. Thanks.

#5 dutchgirl

dutchgirl

• Members

• 12 posts

Posted 29 June 2013 - 03:35 PM

I see. Unfortunately a link won't help...the site is under construction and hidden behind a holding page. I would have to give you access to view.

btw - Is this the best place to get premium support? I have a monthly subscription and am running into several issues.

Attached is a pic of the 400px issue. 

Attached Files

#6 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts

Posted 29 June 2013 - 04:32 PM

All our support is 'premium' :) , but Live support is accessed from Dashboard > PageLines > Dashboard > Live Chat.  Make sure that your credentials are properly entered in Your Account, first.

#7 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts

Posted 29 June 2013 - 04:34 PM

If you'd like to set up a subscriber level account, for me to view the site, please send it to robert@pagelines.com.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: iblogpro5, whitespace