katiepoo

Advanced Member

• Members

• 39 posts
  • LocationPortland, OR
  • Framework Version:2.4

Posted 28 June 2013 - 08:34 PM

Hello!

I was on livechat earlier and they said to bring my problem here.  

My problem is with Jetpack.  When I enable it to connect to wordpress.com, it makes the iphone version of my site invisible.  If I activate it but do not connect it to wordpress.com, it is fine.

Here is my debug link, but as of right now I have all of the plugins needed to run the site.  

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

I have attched a screen shot of the debug from just having jetpack and native PL plugins activated.

Attached Files

#2 James B

James B

Advocate

• Moderators
  • 5126 posts
  • LocationSurrey - UK

Posted 28 June 2013 - 10:22 PM

Hi there,

We've logged into your site and deactivated/reactivated some of your plugins, regardless of the setup they all seem to be showing on the mobile, with Jetpack active. See -

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

The team has checked on both iphone and android and so far both seem to be displaying correctly, so hopefully this will have fixed itself. Please check and let us know.

Did you clear your cache in the browser prior to re-testing the site?

#3 katiepoo

katiepoo

Advanced Member

• Members

• 39 posts
  • LocationPortland, OR

Posted 29 June 2013 - 01:12 AM

It is displaying correctly because, while jetpack is enabled, it is not connected to wordpress.com.  The issue arises only when I connect it to wordpress.com, which is how you get things like the contact forms to work, etc.  

I did not clear the cache.  At this point my client and I are moving forward without jetpack.  But I like jetpack and would rather not have to install non-wordpress plugins to achieve the same functionality in sites I have built.

#4 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts
  • LocationEast Coast, USA
  • Framework Version:The Latest, of course

Posted 29 June 2013 - 12:17 PM

Clearing the browser cache is strongly advised as an error may be resolved, but the improvement not seen as the browser caches the erroneous page and displays that.  If an error is fixed, others may see the fix, while you see the error due to your own browser's cache. A simple browser refresh can make all the difference in how you see your site on your machine.

By 'non-wordpress', I presume you mean not created by Wordpress itself. There are many great plugins found at Wordpress.org which are actually part of Jetpack, that may be used independently of Jetpack, but still have the same functionality.  It is worth investigating.  Further, there are many plugins there which have become industry standards and used by hundreds of thousands of websites, successfully, for many years.  Widget Logic is but one example.

#5 katiepoo

katiepoo

Advanced Member

• Members

• 39 posts
  • LocationPortland, OR

Posted 29 June 2013 - 03:19 PM

The issue occurred only on smartphones, and for two different people.  I am sure it had to do with Jetpack being connected to wordpress.com, because when I deactivated it, you could see it on a smartphone, when I reactivated it it displayed on a smart phone, it only went blank when I connected Jetpack to my client's wordpress.com account.

#6 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts
  • LocationEast Coast, USA
  • Framework Version:The Latest, of course

Posted 29 June 2013 - 03:33 PM

Obviously, this is not a PageLines specific issue, but an issue with Jetpack and particular mobile devices.  It's possible that Jetpack is trying to connect to a java application on WordPress.com, which we have no control over.  You'll have to ask for support at Jetpack's website as the conflict occurs with that third party product.  We do not provide support for Jetpack.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: jetpack, wordpress.com