Photo
- - - - -

Fixed position ticker above Fixed Navbar

framework navbar fixed css

Best Answer andystills , 28 June 2013 - 04:51 PM

Thanks for the inquiry Martin. I did manage a solution in the evening hours.  I moved the short code to the 'pagelines_before_navbar' hook.  I was initially afraid this would cause navbar issues because of CSS spacing (I have very limited knowledge of CSS.) 

This fixed scrolling and background issues.  I think this would also apply to adding text or images to the navbar area which could solve some of the issues I saw elsewhere in the forums.

Thanks again for checking in.  I'll mark this one as 'Solved'.

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 andystills

andystills

• Members
  • 5 posts
  • Framework Version:2.4.4

Posted 28 June 2013 - 12:01 AM

I would like to place a fixed position WP Stock Ticker at the top of the page above the Fixed NavBar.  I have accomplished this by placing under the 'page lines_before_site' hook in the header.php file.

One problem is that the background scrolls and therefore my features scroll through the ticker.

I was wondering if there is an easier methodology for accomplishing the same thing?  and/or How to solve the background issue?

I honestly haven't spent much time on the background issue because I thought there would be a more elegant solution using drag-n-drop.

Thanks for the help.

site is

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

#2 greenfly

greenfly

Advocate

• Members

• 3268 posts
  • LocationManchester, England
  • Framework Version:latest

Posted 28 June 2013 - 12:16 PM

Hello Andy 

Have you managed to resolve this? 

#3 andystills

andystills

• Members
  • 5 posts
  • Framework Version:2.4.4

Posted 28 June 2013 - 04:51 PM   Best Answer

Thanks for the inquiry Martin. I did manage a solution in the evening hours.  I moved the short code to the 'pagelines_before_navbar' hook.  I was initially afraid this would cause navbar issues because of CSS spacing (I have very limited knowledge of CSS.) 

This fixed scrolling and background issues.  I think this would also apply to adding text or images to the navbar area which could solve some of the issues I saw elsewhere in the forums.

Thanks again for checking in.  I'll mark this one as 'Solved'.

#4 greenfly

greenfly

Advocate

• Members

• 3268 posts
  • LocationManchester, England
  • Framework Version:latest

Posted 28 June 2013 - 05:37 PM

Thanks for letting us know :) 

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: framework, navbar, fixed, css