Photo
- - - - -

Centering title and text under Boxes

boxes

Best Answer danmanders , 28 June 2013 - 03:57 PM

Thanks for the links Martin, I figured it out!. Here's the code in case anyone else is ever looking for it:

.fboxtext {
  text-align: center
;
}
Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 danmanders

danmanders

• Members

• 23 posts
  • LocationPhiladelphia

Posted 27 June 2013 - 06:51 PM

Hi all, this is my first post. I'm completely new to this, and know literally nothing about CSS. Willing to learn though, and I did search the forums before posting this as I couldn't find a workable solution. I'm using the Boxes section, with the image on top of the text. I'd like the title and text centered instead of left aligned. Could some please give me the code I need to paste into Custom CSS Class? The problem I described can be seen

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

. Thank you!

Dan

#2 James B

James B

Advocate

• Moderators
  • 5126 posts
  • LocationSurrey - UK

Posted 27 June 2013 - 10:01 PM

Hi Dan! Welcome to Pagelines :-)

Take a look at Rob's post on this thread which should help -

#3 danmanders

danmanders

• Members

• 23 posts
  • LocationPhiladelphia

Posted 28 June 2013 - 02:06 AM

Thanks for the quick reply James! That didn't quite solve the problem, though I did learn that I've been adding sections in the wrong place. At first pasting that code in did nothing, but then I realized that I was placing my sections in the page template area, not in the content area. I cloned my boxes section and placed it in the content area, and made the content section active. The cloned boxes have been altered by the code I added, but it's not what I was going for. It pulled the images together, and narrowed the text areas so that they fit nicely underneath the images. The effect is that now the boxes section is not as wide as the rest of my content, and it isn't centered in respect to everything else. More important though, the text isn't actually center aligned—it fits well under the images now, but it's still left aligned. Any ideas? 

If you go to

, you can see the original boxes section where it belongs, and the altered boxes section at the bottom of the page.

Thanks!

#4 danmanders

danmanders

• Members

• 23 posts
  • LocationPhiladelphia

Posted 28 June 2013 - 12:10 PM

Okay, just figured out why the boxes section was narrower than everything else (content area width was set that way). Still hoping to get the text center aligned though.

#5 Martin Davies

Martin Davies

Advocate

• Members

• 3268 posts
  • LocationManchester, England
  • Framework Version:latest

Posted 28 June 2013 - 01:37 PM

try this 

• loulousantaana likes this

#6 danmanders

danmanders

• Members

• 23 posts
  • LocationPhiladelphia

Posted 28 June 2013 - 02:22 PM

Thanks Martin, that worked great on the titles! I just spent some time looking at the CSS rules in Firebug, but am unable to find where to change the alignment of the paragraphs underneath the titles, which I'd like to do as well. Could you please point me in the right direction?

Also, once I am able to find rules in Firebug that I want to try changing, where do I do that within the Pagelines framework? Specifically, I'm unclear on whether the Custom CSS section is there to overwrite existing rules, or is only to add ones that don't exist. Let me know if that makes any sense, I'm trying to learn to do this basic sort of stuff on my own so I don't need to ask you guys for help with such simple things. Thanks again for the great support!

#7 Martin Davies

Martin Davies

Advocate

• Members

• 3268 posts

Posted 28 June 2013 - 03:12 PM

Hello Dan

Ill give you the resources to learn about CSS a little more and get you started and then have a go and see what you come up with. 

First thing to look at is the support documentation regarding Customization methods

and then CSS

Basically, CSS used in a customization method outlined in the article overrides CSS in the Framework and you can add CSS not already present. 

There are a number of online courses that will help get your started. 

#8 danmanders

danmanders

• Members

• 23 posts
  • LocationPhiladelphia

Posted 28 June 2013 - 03:57 PM   Best Answer

Thanks for the links Martin, I figured it out!. Here's the code in case anyone else is ever looking for it:

.fboxtext {
  text-align: center
;
}

#9 Martin Davies

Martin Davies

Advocate

• Members

• 3268 posts

Posted 28 June 2013 - 04:13 PM