Photo
- - - - -

Header Section Borders and Color

Best Answer James B , 27 June 2013 - 09:52 PM

Looking at your image I would think you'd need to apply the background color to a different container, one that was within the content area. Usually this will be content or content-pad within the header section.

If you have a live version of the site we'll be able to see the elements available, otherwise i'd suggest looking for content or content-pad within the header id and seeing if this effected the area the color covered.

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 clearpathnet

clearpathnet

• Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 27 June 2013 - 06:46 PM

Hey Guys,

I'm trying to edit the style of my header a bit to fit the website a bit better. So far, I have added a boarder and changed the color of my header with your help and had some good success! Now, all I want to do is contain these changes so that they are in line with the content area box. Hard to explain so I made some photos.

Here is how it currently looks:

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

The background of the header is white and extends across the entire screen.

Here is how I want it to look (below is a crude Photoshop):

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

The header has the same background effects but the side borders line up with the below content width.

Here is the code I am using right now for the header:

#header {
  background: #ffffff;
  border-bottom:#ededed solid;
  border-width:5px;  
}

Is there a way to do this?

Thanks guys!

#2 James B

James B

Advocate

• Moderators
  • 5126 posts
  • LocationSurrey - UK

Posted 27 June 2013 - 09:52 PM   Best Answer

Looking at your image I would think you'd need to apply the background color to a different container, one that was within the content area. Usually this will be content or content-pad within the header section.

If you have a live version of the site we'll be able to see the elements available, otherwise i'd suggest looking for content or content-pad within the header id and seeing if this effected the area the color covered.

#3 clearpathnet

clearpathnet

• Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 28 June 2013 - 04:49 AM

Yup! that was it. I added content-pad and it is exactly how I wanted. Thanks a ton James!

-Ian

#4 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts
  • LocationEast Coast, USA
  • Framework Version:The Latest, of course

Posted 28 June 2013 - 02:01 PM

I will let James know it worked!