1 reply to this topic

#1 keithmagvacom

keithmagvacom

Advocate

• Members

• 361 posts
  • Framework Version:2.4

Posted 27 June 2013 - 11:33 AM

This might be off topic but I maybe someone can offer a suggestion. 

I need to solution which would be searchable and indexable. There would be multiple instances on a single page.

Essentially what I need is a table with 4 columns and 8 rows. The first column would have all the rows merged and an image would be placed in it. The second column would have 2 rows for text input, the third column would have 4 rows and the fourth column would have 8 rows. 

I tried to create something based on this using the grid system in bootstrap, however I'm not happy with the outcome. 

This URL has an example of what I want to achieve 

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

We have been using images up to now but need to able to search within the text contained in the images. 

Maybe someone is aware of a method of achieving this or can point me in a direction. 

THanks in advance.

#2 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts
  • LocationEast Coast, USA
  • Framework Version:The Latest, of course

Posted 27 June 2013 - 07:54 PM

Hi Keith,

First, lets start out with the notion that the Grid isn't a table, but it's like a table. So, moving forward, I think your solution is close.

I'd recommend a CSS based table, which will allow you that full ability to search its contents (since it's just content on a page, really) and the ability to sort content (if you use the right code).

Check out some of the fantastic tables created using CSS here:

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

There are some really cool designs there.  I'm not sure what you really mean by indexing, but hope you meant sorting.  Clarify, please, if you did not, and let me know if the CSS solution looks good to you.