#1 jbrouwer

jbrouwer

• Members
  • 191 posts

Posted 27 June 2013 - 08:12 AM

Hi,

On 

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

there are two buttons on the top right to add events. The calendar is the All in One Event Calendar from

. A modal popup window appears. However, somehting goes wrong with fading and opacity in Firefox, Chrome and Safari (in IE10 there are no problems). The problem is related to Pagelines. In Twenty Twelve the popup windows appear normaly. It's also not related to any other plugin as I tested with all othere plugins deactivated. 

Any idea how I can fix the css? 

Thanks!

Running Pagelines 2,4,4 and WP 3.5.2

#2 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts
  • LocationEast Coast, USA
  • Framework Version:The Latest, of course

Posted 27 June 2013 - 07:41 PM

Hi,

I seem to recall several clients complaining about a compatibility issue with All In One Events Calendar, which turned out (I believe) to be a javascript or jQuery conflict of some kind.   Did you update the plugin?

This may help though: 

#3 jbrouwer

jbrouwer

• Members
  • 191 posts

Posted 28 June 2013 - 08:14 AM

Hi,

Both links are to different problems with the timely calendar. Both already solved.

The 'Cannot redeclare class lessc' was solved in Pagelines 2.4. 

The other link is to a problem with links in the calendar. Solved with some custom css.

Any other ideas? Pagelines also has (bootstrap) modals you can use. I expect it interferes with the modal of the timely plugin.

Thanks!

#4 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts
  • LocationEast Coast, USA
  • Framework Version:The Latest, of course

Posted 28 June 2013 - 02:31 PM

If there's a browser-based CSS conflict between PageLines and the plugin, you can try using our Browser-Specific CSS plugin, to write some code for it, but I'd have no idea what CSS to use or even where to look. We'd recommend Firebug or Chrome's inspection tools to help you with this normally.

Unfortunately, this is really a customization of a third-party plugin.  I suspect you're correct that it's related to the modal, and probably because of the systems each use to generate modals.  This kind of customization calls for either a developer or, using a different plugin.   Keep in mind that our bootstrap code comes from Twitter, so if the All-in-One Calendar plugin doesn't use that, the key is going to be fixing the plugin, not PageLines or Twitter.

Have you reached out to Timely to show them the issue?

#5 jbrouwer

jbrouwer

• Members
  • 191 posts

Posted 28 June 2013 - 03:40 PM

Hi,

Yes I contacted Timely, they are trying to solve it.

There are no problems with the plugin in twenty twelve, hence I would say the problem is also theme related. Further, Pagelines is using bootstrap for their product, any problem with bootstrap is Pagelines' responsibility. I am paying Pagelines, not bootstrap. The power of wordpress is the platform function and the availability of plugins. Any theme should therefor strive for compatability with as many well maintained plugins as possible. No customization asked, just compatibility.

#6 James B

James B

Advocate

• Moderators
  • 4978 posts
  • LocationSurrey - UK

Posted 28 June 2013 - 09:16 PM

Hi there,

Unfortunately we're unable to be 100% compatible with all third party plugins, if there is a conflict with a plugin inside the framework then we'd advise you to go back to the plugin author. Unfortunately we're unable to tweak plugins to fit the framework, each plugin will use it's own code depending on the plugin author, not all of these will always meet Wordpress standards or guidelines and as you can appreciate there are thousands of third party plugins.

See if the plugin author can offer a work around or coding fix depending on the error presented. Otherwise you'll unfortunately need to find an alternative plugin which provides the same functions but doesn't conflict.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: ai1ec, css