17 replies to this topic

#1 theoptimystic

theoptimystic

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 78 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 08:08 PM

Hi there,

When I try to change the meta settings under my buddypress pages it does not work. The meta setings work for all my other pages but on:

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

When I alter the meta settings they don't budge on the actual page.

Please advise.

thanks,

Kim

#2 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts
  • LocationEast Coast, USA
  • Framework Version:The Latest, of course

Posted 25 June 2013 - 10:46 PM

Hi,

If the page level PageLines Meta Settings are not working, try going to Dashboard > PageLines > Page Options.  If you have bbPress integrated with BuddyPress, there will be options for those pages, but if not, try editing the Archives.

#3 theoptimystic

theoptimystic

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 78 posts

Posted 26 June 2013 - 03:16 PM

I have already done that. i've edited bbpress how i want it. the pages i listed above are not bb press they are buddy press. And i don't want to alter the template on my whole site just those 4 pages listed above.

Please advise.

#4 James B

James B

Advocate

• Moderators
  • 5126 posts
  • LocationSurrey - UK

Posted 26 June 2013 - 08:02 PM

Hi there,

Check in the meta bar to see exactly what template the page is using, on my buddypress activity page it's using the archive template. So in order to change the meta I'd have to alter the archive tab in Pagelines>page options>archive.

If you're looking to make changes to the buddypress pages only, you can use the class .buddypress-page to make changes via css.

#5 theoptimystic

theoptimystic

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 78 posts

Posted 26 June 2013 - 10:18 PM

yes! that did it thank you. it was an archive page. THough nowhere on the page in the meta settings does it say it's an archive page...but changing the settings in Pagelines>page options>archive worked.

#6 James B

James B

Advocate

• Moderators
  • 5126 posts
  • LocationSurrey - UK

Posted 26 June 2013 - 10:55 PM

Excellent, glad it worked. When viewing a live page, look at the admin menu at the top of the page, it should always show which template the page is using towards the end. Useful when it comes to things like this where the page is a special page and not using the same as set in the page setup :-)

#7 theoptimystic2

theoptimystic2

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 11 October 2013 - 06:33 PM

Hi there-

Since the upgrade to BP 1.8.1 I am having meta setting issues again. I can not edit the Buddypress pages (see my first post for list of pages I am trying to edit).

It used to be that I edited the archives page in page options but now when I make template changes to the archive page NOTHING budges. For instance, I want full screen page layout, it will only give me a sidebar layout. I want to hide hide the full width sidebar so I click it and nothing budges.

I have tried with the template pack active and not active and it's the same issue.

Please advise!

Thanks as always,

Kim

#8 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts

Posted 11 October 2013 - 09:07 PM

Hi Kim,

Buddypress 1.8 made some drastic changes that Framework hasn't incorporated.  Our integration plugin was intended for an earlier version.  Since Framework is only going to be updated for security needs, and major upgrades of WordPress, I don't honestly, expect to see any upgrade of the integration plugin or PageLines, since BP 1.8 doesn't need the integration or templates.

It does principally work with DMS, with just a few very minor tweaks. They seem to be having an issue with a number of 3rd party products.

#9 theoptimystic2

theoptimystic2

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 12 October 2013 - 07:05 PM

Thanks for the information so far. Let me know if I am understanding correctly-

There will be very little, if any advancements in the BP Pagelines framework integration because, well basically Pagelines has all its focus on DMS at this time.

HOWEVER- BP and DMS are also not exactly working together seemlessly? Pricipally working together, to me, means that there are basic workings between the 2, is this what you mean?

Also WHO is having an issue with 3rd party products? Are you referencing that DMS is having an issue with BP (which is a 3rd party product)?

Thanks again for your insight,

Kim

#10 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts

Posted 12 October 2013 - 07:20 PM

Hi Kim,

Sorry if I was unclear.   Buddypress is having some issues with 3rd party systems, such as platforms and frameworks because 1.8 was built to work without a template, and most platforms and frameworks need templates to function.

The tweaks needed in DMS are very simple.  Just make sure you've added the Content/PostLoop section to each template you build for your Activity, Registration, Members, Groups or any other BP pages.  I know this is confusing (doesn't do me much good either :)) but even though BP doesn't need templates, you can build templates in DMS.  The Content/PostLoop is needed to avoid 404 errors that will show up when your browser tries to pull BP content.   Everything else is working fine between the two.

The templates BP doesn't need are the old ones they used to use in the BP Template Pack plugin (you may remember that from 1.7).  If you have that plugin active on your site, you'll want to deactivate it, as it can cause some issues.  You can theoretically delete it as it's now obsolete.

Framework isn't deprecated, but it's being replaced with DMS, and we only expect to see security updates to it over time. So, the disconnect with Buddypress, created when they discontinued using the Template Pack, isn't going to be fixed, which is why I recommended DMS.  I see you're in the process of updating to it now.

#11 theoptimystic2

theoptimystic2

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 12 October 2013 - 07:20 PM

also can anyone answer if DMS only works in Chrome or if I can use safari or firefox?

thanks

#12 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts

Posted 12 October 2013 - 07:22 PM

Well, pages and posts can be edited in Chrome only, but DMS works in any browser to display posts and pages.  Editing them requires Chrome.

#13 theoptimystic2

theoptimystic2

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 13 October 2013 - 04:43 PM

Thanks, Rob. I am testing out the DMS theme on my development site to see how it works and so I don't spend too much time with a wonky looking site on my live site :).

#14 theoptimystic2

theoptimystic2

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 13 October 2013 - 04:51 PM

2 things so far i am having trouble with in the switch:

1. WHen I use the forum section for the DMS site i do not have full access. I don't think my account is registering that I have an active DMS subscription..how can i rectify this?

2. Where are the boxes that I had in my pagelines framework theme? They do not show anywhere on the back or front end of the DMS theme?

thanks,

Kim

#15 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts

Posted 13 October 2013 - 05:16 PM

Hi Kim,

Can you login to

with your login and password for your subscription?  If not, and you did purchase DMS, please write to hello@pagelines.com and ask for assistance with your account to make sure you have a paid subscription, and no duplicate accounts. 

Boxes are not in DMS as they were in Framework.  While it can be added, the technology for Boxes is older and not responsive.   You may find that either iBoxes or our Responsive Grid System is a better option.

#16 bonnysteele

bonnysteele

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 41 posts
  • LocationAtlanta, GA

Posted 30 June 2014 - 08:19 PM

I want to resurrect the original question. I'm using Framework with BuddyPress and having the same meta settings issue. The template on the buddy press members page is Bp Members and that's not a template in Pagelines. Is there a solution to this? I just need to hide the quick slider for my members page. 

Bonny

#17 Simon_P

Simon_P

Messer

• Administrators

• 8388607 posts
  • LocationDevon
  • Framework Version:2.1.1

Posted 30 June 2014 - 08:21 PM

.bp_members .section-quickslider{display:none}

#18 bonnysteele

bonnysteele

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 41 posts
  • LocationAtlanta, GA

Posted 30 June 2014 - 09:39 PM

Perfect! I used the same tweak for the boxes section as well. 

How do I do it for Secondary Nav? It's two words... I trial and errored a bunch of things with no luck.

Thanks tons.

B