Photo
- - - - -

space under main content and above header

vertical space customisation

Best Answer aerta , 25 June 2013 - 08:23 PM

Thanks for the effort, James. But I'm afraid I'm just not seeing what you're seeing in the HTML window. For instance, I don't see 'div.widget pad along the top' so can't adjust the padding/margin there. And even when I do see something in the HTML window that you're seeing I don't see the corresponding stuff you're seeing in the style column.

I've been grappling with Firebug for over a year now and only rarely seem to find the info that I need.

Perhaps I need to go on a Firebug course - or try Chrome tools instead... Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 aerta

aerta

• Members
  • 140 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 07:31 PM

I've tried identifying the selectors with Firebug but had no luck with my adjustments. Similarly, I've been through all the suggestions in the forums and none make any difference.

How do I reduce the space under my main content and above the footer?

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

Thanks.

#2 James B

James B

Advocate

• Moderators
  • 4979 posts
  • LocationSurrey - UK

Posted 25 June 2013 - 07:55 PM

The padding/margins are coming from multiple areas inside that gap.

If you look in firebug look through the html list to see areas highlighted in the preview panel in yellow or blue, yellow relates to margins, blue relates to padding. You should see padding/margins in the following areas as per the below screenshots.

#3 aerta

aerta

• Members
  • 140 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 08:23 PM   Best Answer

Thanks for the effort, James. But I'm afraid I'm just not seeing what you're seeing in the HTML window. For instance, I don't see 'div.widget pad along the top' so can't adjust the padding/margin there. And even when I do see something in the HTML window that you're seeing I don't see the corresponding stuff you're seeing in the style column.

I've been grappling with Firebug for over a year now and only rarely seem to find the info that I need.

Perhaps I need to go on a Firebug course - or try Chrome tools instead...

#4 aerta

aerta

• Members
  • 140 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 08:41 PM

Chrome tools are actually a lot more intuitive - and responsive - than Firebug. I finally managed to identify the code:

.hentry .hentry-pad {
padding: 0 0 0px;
}

.hentry {
clear: both; margin: 0 0 0
}

.content .content-pad {
padding: 0px;
}

#5 James B

James B

Advocate

• Moderators
  • 4979 posts
  • LocationSurrey - UK

Posted 25 June 2013 - 10:49 PM

I was just about to make a short video to show you how i found the code, but I've seen your second post on finding the code with chrome :-)