Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

external URL in modal window

Question

Posted · Report post

Hi all

Is it possible to open an external URL in an modal window?

Tried searching the forum, but have not had any success. I tried pasting this

<a href="https://data.fei.org/Horse/Performance.aspx?p=2B2DBBBACA2247D439D8201BFE3BA0E8">

between the [pl_modal .....] [/pl_modal] short code but no success.

Thanks in advance

6 answers to this question

Posted · Report post

Hi there,

I've checked online for you and from what I can find it's against bootstrap's orgin policy so it's not coded to allow it. Have you tried loading an iframe inside the modal instead?

Posted · Report post

No I didn't try loading an iFrame inside the modal. Will dod some digging and see if I can get it working.

Posted · Report post

Hello Keith 

Let us know how you got on with this. 

Posted · Report post

I haven't managed to resolve this. I have managed to get the page opening in a modal window however the modal will not allow the page to be displayed porperaly on a mobile device. The code I have used is and I have adjusted the size of the modal with CSS

[pl_modal title="FEI Results" type="btw" colortype="success" label="FEI Results"]
<iframe src="http://www.horsetelex.de/horses/family/212313" width="700px" height="550px"></iframe>
[/pl_modal]

In the past I had these pages opening in a lightbox (lightbox plus Colorbox plugin) However this no longer is functioning. I really need to find a solution to display external pages on this site. A light box would be ideal if one exists but alas I have searched high and low and found none yet... 

Posted · Report post

Thanks James

Lightbox plus is one have been using but can't seem to get working now...