Photo
- - - - -

Customize all Text Headers Colors

Best Answer James B , 24 June 2013 - 09:14 PM

Hi there,

You can set each header color if they are the same using the typography settings in Pagelines>site options>typography>text headers. There's a panel for the headers to be set to one particular color.

Using css you'll be able to specify each header title and amend the title separately. But it will be a manual process for each, you won't be able to set the automatically to alternate colors etc.

An example would be .section-you want to target .h2 {color: #000000;}

.section-boxes .fboxtitle h3 {color: #000000;}

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 angiek

angiek

• Members

• 16 posts

Posted 24 June 2013 - 08:43 PM

Is there a way to customize all the Text Headers (h1, h2, h3, etc) so each time the code is used, the header is the same color (other than black) across the entire website? And, is there a way to specify each header as its own color? Meaning, I want all "h1" headers to be #007dc5 and all "h2" headers to be a different color, etc...

#2 James B

James B

Advocate

• Moderators
  • 5126 posts
  • LocationSurrey - UK

Posted 24 June 2013 - 09:14 PM   Best Answer

Hi there,

You can set each header color if they are the same using the typography settings in Pagelines>site options>typography>text headers. There's a panel for the headers to be set to one particular color.

Using css you'll be able to specify each header title and amend the title separately. But it will be a manual process for each, you won't be able to set the automatically to alternate colors etc.

An example would be .section-you want to target .h2 {color: #000000;}

.section-boxes .fboxtitle h3 {color: #000000;}

#3 angiek

angiek

• Members

• 16 posts

Posted 24 June 2013 - 11:12 PM

Thank you for your response, James. I have attached a screenshot of my Pagelines>site options>typography>text headers screen. There isn't any area for changing color, that I can see. Can you give me further instructions?

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

63.94KB   0 downloads

#4 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts
  • LocationEast Coast, USA
  • Framework Version:The Latest, of course

Posted 25 June 2013 - 02:32 PM

You're correct, there are no settings. 

Color, size, and other typography controls are considered so extensively variable that the best way to adjust them has been determined to be customized CSS.  If you have Firebug for Firefox or use Chrome's Inspection Tools, you can adjust almost any snippet of text as desired with CSS.

As James pointed out an example of CSS above, you can place code in Dashboard > PageLines > Site Options > Custom Code to control the dynamics of your text. This link will give you some examples of CSS that may help you:

If you need additional assistance, we'll be happy to guide you. Please let us know.