Photo
- - - - -

open external link in a modal window or light box.

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 keithmagvacom

keithmagvacom

Advocate

• Members

• 361 posts
  • Framework Version:2.4

Posted 23 June 2013 - 04:14 PM

Hi Folks 

Migrating a site to Framework and have been using Lightbox plus colorbox plugin with the following code. 

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

Was working fine up to a recent WP version. The light box no longer functions as it should as a consequence. 

Can't seem to locate anything on the forum, but was wondering if anyone had any success with opening external links in a modal window?

#2 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts
  • LocationEast Coast, USA
  • Framework Version:The Latest, of course

Posted 23 June 2013 - 04:53 PM

Keith,

It's possible the recent WP update broke the 3rd party plugin. Check the plugin's page (at the source) and find out if others are mentioning it.

#3 keithmagvacom

keithmagvacom

Advocate

• Members

• 361 posts
  • Framework Version:2.4

Posted 23 June 2013 - 07:19 PM

I've checked and checked and double checked. I've even gone so far as copying and pasting the example code from the plugin authors page, but that just gave the same behaviour. Nothing in the WP support forums to suggest its not working either. 

If I could get a modal to do the display the page it would be great. Simply need a solution to display details hosted on external URL on my site but don't want to divert visitors away from our site. The lightboxes were perfect when they worked.

#4 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts
  • LocationEast Coast, USA
  • Framework Version:The Latest, of course

Posted 26 June 2013 - 02:27 AM

Keith,  I'm unclear how this modal was being applied on the page, but have you considered our shortcodes?

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content