Photo

change excerpt-mode

Best Answer Rob , 23 June 2013 - 01:48 PM

Hi Frank,

As I've mentioned to all our PlatformPro users, support for PlatformPro is now over.  The documentation has been removed and the product has reached the end of its lifespan.

I strongly urge you to upgrade to PageLines Framework urgently.  Please write an email to hello@pagelines.com for available discounts. We will no be able to support Platform Pro moving forward.  Many apologies for this.

To answer your question generally,  I used to place the first one or two sentences from the post into the manual excerpt field. One can just place do that, without using the automated system, or, one can write an introductory blurb as the first paragraph that will be picked up by WordPress as the excerpt, hopefully. The automated excerpt handling of PlatformPro was limited.

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 fkpress

fkpress

Advanced Member

• Members

• 41 posts
  • LocationErfurt, Germany

Posted 22 June 2013 - 10:35 PM

hi there,

i am using the excerpt-field to type a text for an excerpt in it. now i want to change to "automatic length for excerpt". is it possible somehow to put excerpt-text together with the blog-entry? 

frank

#2 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts
  • LocationEast Coast, USA
  • Framework Version:The Latest, of course

Posted 23 June 2013 - 01:48 PM   Best Answer

Hi Frank,

As I've mentioned to all our PlatformPro users, support for PlatformPro is now over.  The documentation has been removed and the product has reached the end of its lifespan.

I strongly urge you to upgrade to PageLines Framework urgently.  Please write an email to hello@pagelines.com for available discounts. We will no be able to support Platform Pro moving forward.  Many apologies for this.

To answer your question generally,  I used to place the first one or two sentences from the post into the manual excerpt field. One can just place do that, without using the automated system, or, one can write an introductory blurb as the first paragraph that will be picked up by WordPress as the excerpt, hopefully. The automated excerpt handling of PlatformPro was limited.