• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 sterlingbates

sterlingbates

Advanced Member

• Members

• 30 posts

Posted 22 June 2013 - 03:22 PM

I am using Pagelines Framework, and several times I have updated my version and each time it removes any duplicate sections I created.

Note, "cloned" sections are just fine.  I am referring to manually duplicating a section (eg Full Width Sidebar) which doesn't allow cloning.

So I have the appropriate folder and files sitting in /wp-content/plugins/pagelines-sections.

When I do an upgrade it removes the extra sections I added.  

How do I prevent that?

Thanks!

Sterling

Attached is a copy of the php file sitting in /wp-content/plugins/pagelines-sections/sb_fullwidthdub

Attached Files

#2 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts
  • LocationEast Coast, USA
  • Framework Version:The Latest, of course

Posted 22 June 2013 - 04:15 PM

Hi,

First, you should be using the PageLines Base Theme. In there, you can create a folder called sections.  Within that folder, you can upload the folder for a modified section. 

Thus, if you want to modify the Features section,  you go first via FTP to wp-content/themes/pagelines/section.  Download the entire features folder.

Now, with Base Theme installed, FTP to wp-content/themes/pagelines-template-theme/sections (you create the sections folder).

Upload the entire features folder there. You'll end up with wp-content/themes/pagelines-template-theme/sections/features.  Modify the section.php located in that features folder only.  It will be exempted from updates there.