#1 Steve Webb

Steve Webb

• Members

• 22 posts
  • LocationCANADA
  • Framework Version:Current

Posted 22 June 2013 - 12:35 AM

Hi.

I am having a problem updating to 2.4.3 on one site in a WP multisite install.

The site I am having the issue with is: innerspaceyoga.ca

The multisite install is on: gastownwellness.com

I have had no problems in the past updating the site.. now, when I log in to the dashboard on innerspaceyoga.ca, I am told to update, and when I click the update now, I am brought to the dashboard on gastownwellness.com, but it says that all my themes are up-to-date..

I am wondering what is going on, and how to get this updated.

Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

-Matt

#2 Simon_P

Simon_P

Messer

• Administrators

• 8388607 posts
  • LocationDevon
  • Framework Version:2.1.1

Posted 22 June 2013 - 04:22 AM

You have to be logged in on the main network site and a network admin. If not download the zip and upgrade manually via FTP

#3 Steve Webb

Steve Webb

• Members

• 22 posts
  • LocationCANADA

Posted 22 June 2013 - 04:31 AM

Hi.

Thanks for the reply.

I am logged into the main site, as an admin, and it is showing that PL is at 2.4.2, however in my updates, it is saying at all themes are up to date.

Why would this be happening?

Also, I do not see the PL base theme in my themes folder via ftp (of the main network site).  If I simply replace the Pagelines folder there with a fresh download of the new version, am I going to have any loss of styling or customizations that I have made via the PL admin on the child site? (I am using PL Base theme for that site)

Thanks again and in advance.

-Matt

#4 Simon_P

Simon_P

Messer

• Administrators

• 8388607 posts
  • LocationDevon
  • Framework Version:2.1.1

Posted 22 June 2013 - 04:39 AM

child sites and main network sites all share the same theme files. How can you have a child site with different folders?

#5 Steve Webb

Steve Webb

• Members

• 22 posts
  • LocationCANADA

Posted 22 June 2013 - 04:48 AM

Yes, sorry.. I do not have a child site with different folders.. I just meant that I don't see the Base theme in the themes folder on the ftp.

#6 Steve Webb

Steve Webb

• Members

• 22 posts
  • LocationCANADA

Posted 28 June 2013 - 12:44 AM

Sorry, just to clarify..

I will not lose any data or added plugins or sections (on my child site) if I replace the Pagelines folder in the themes folder via ftp on my multisite install?

And can anyone tell me why PL wouldn't be updating and showing as up-to-date in my WP admin dashboard?

Thanks!

-Matt

#7 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts
  • LocationEast Coast, USA
  • Framework Version:The Latest, of course

Posted 28 June 2013 - 02:00 PM

Hi,

You should have one, central WordPress installation to be running multisite correctly. Then, child themes can be located elsewhere. Data is not stored in a child theme. Instead, data is stored in the database, including settings for both WordPress and PageLines Framework.

Customizations, such as hooks, CSS, LESS, etc. may be added to child themes, and thus any customized child theme that is overwritten may lose the customizations.

If you replace Wordpress files in your core installation, you will not be overwriting WordPress settings unless you actually reinstall it.  Similarly, if you replace PageLines files, in the core installation, no settings will be lost. 

Your child themes can be replaced, but when you do, the style.css or style.less, functions.php and any customized sections or languages are at risk of being replaced and their content lost. Thus we do not recommend replacing child theme files.