Photo
- - - - -

Quick Slider customizations

Best Answer Rob , 21 June 2013 - 08:25 PM

Hi Sheila,

Quick Slider is a responsive element.  Changes made to it will disable the responsiveness.  Thus, no changes to the timing, nor the title are possible.  You can, of course, use other sliders which are capable of transition timing and CSS adjustment. There are many out there.

Go to the full post

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
3 replies to this topic

#1 sheilahoff

sheilahoff

Advocate

• Members

• 457 posts
  • LocationSeattle
  • Framework Version:DMS

Posted 21 June 2013 - 07:35 PM

Given what the docs say I'm going to guess there's not much to be done here but I have to at least ask in case there's something....

1) Is there any way to change the 7 second transitioning that is the autoplay default?

2) Is there a way to change how wide the caption area displays so it's one long box instead of a short one that wraps text and gets deeper? I have not yet tried to locate the CSS for it but I'm hopeful that may be possible.

dev site:

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

#2 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts
  • LocationEast Coast, USA
  • Framework Version:The Latest, of course

Posted 21 June 2013 - 08:25 PM   Best Answer

Hi Sheila,

Quick Slider is a responsive element.  Changes made to it will disable the responsiveness.  Thus, no changes to the timing, nor the title are possible.  You can, of course, use other sliders which are capable of transition timing and CSS adjustment. There are many out there.

#3 sheilahoff

sheilahoff

Advocate

• Members

• 457 posts
  • LocationSeattle
  • Framework Version:DMS

Posted 21 June 2013 - 09:11 PM

Thanks. That's what I thought. And I'm aware of plenty of such tools. But since this is built in and attached to the page it's lovely for client input. Hopefully he won't ask me for those changes. I was just trying to be prepared. I switched to PL for the responsiveness and I'm still learning how to be responsive-sensitive. So for instance, I'd need to research of the sliders I typically use would be responsive or not.

#4 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts
  • LocationEast Coast, USA
  • Framework Version:The Latest, of course

Posted 22 June 2013 - 01:34 PM

Thanks for the insight Sheila.  I'm confident you'll find something in our Store or on WordPress.org.