Photo
- - - - -

Nomenclature Confusion

banner carousal content

Best Answer Rob , 21 June 2013 - 12:21 PM

Hi,

Find the template used for the page where the Quick Slide is appearing. You'll see this in the top of the page in a black bar when logged in as administrator. First, to remove the Quick Slide, go to Dashboard > PageLines > Drag & Drop.  Locate the template in Drag & Drop, then, when you see Quick Slide in the Active Sections (the group on the left), just drag it *using your mouse* to the right under "Available Sections.

Next, to cure this possible mystery, let's look at Dashboard > Users > All Users.  See if you have any unauthorized users, particularly Admin level users.

If your site has unauthorized and unknown users, remove them.   Then, go to Dashboard > Settings (this will take some research), and modify your settings to prevent unauthorized registrations and control actions.

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 aignaciodc

aignaciodc

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 21 June 2013 - 06:04 AM

I don't even know what name to ask about. My website mylateralevolution.com was all set up and going

and after some weird weeks of images randomly not loading and widgets not working it's somehow sorted itself out. BUT a few days ago I opened the page and out of nowhere at the top of my content was a pagelines image..um..carousel?...with 3 pagelines images rotating through. I didn't put it there. It wasn't there for weeks. Just appeared

One of the FIRST things I did when setting up and importing my blog was to delete all the default pagelines images and watermarks, and this thing disappeared, but now it's back. Except now when I search through all the menus in pagelines/wordpress I cannot find them anywhere in order to remove them. Every spot with a browse/upload space for an image is blank, and the images aren't in my media list. They're ghooooosts. 

Is there another place I'm not looking? Is it a default jetpack thing (can't find info there either)?

**Suggestions for Pagelines especially for newbies who might learn visually...a support page, with images of multiple website/blog screens with tons of content... And arrows. With labels of what that thing or section is. And links saying "if you want to change this, go here on the menu."  And let us figure it out from there?

#2 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts
  • LocationEast Coast, USA
  • Framework Version:The Latest, of course

Posted 21 June 2013 - 12:21 PM   Best Answer

Hi,

Find the template used for the page where the Quick Slide is appearing. You'll see this in the top of the page in a black bar when logged in as administrator. First, to remove the Quick Slide, go to Dashboard > PageLines > Drag & Drop.  Locate the template in Drag & Drop, then, when you see Quick Slide in the Active Sections (the group on the left), just drag it *using your mouse* to the right under "Available Sections.

Next, to cure this possible mystery, let's look at Dashboard > Users > All Users.  See if you have any unauthorized users, particularly Admin level users.

If your site has unauthorized and unknown users, remove them.   Then, go to Dashboard > Settings (this will take some research), and modify your settings to prevent unauthorized registrations and control actions.

#3 aignaciodc

aignaciodc

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 21 June 2013 - 03:33 PM

Hello Egg-bert, 

Okay. I'd modified all the templates as well so there'd be no surprises but I finally found the quickslider in the content/blog template. It was the only one with quickslider.  Rechecked the page....and it's gone. yay!  I didn't mind it so much, I just could NOT figure out what it was called, and where in the heck the images were stored. 

Next    ... I'm the only user. hmmm. Okay

I've searched through the settings menu but I see nothing specifically about registrations and control. I'll have to look longer.  I'll also need to research banner/carousel vs quickslider..oh yeah and boxes, so I can figure out the difference which totally eludes me.  

So the only thing I'm curious about is where to find these three images in the quickslider. Would they be pagelines default media, posts or blogs or wha? I've looked everywhere. Cannot find them. 

I sound like a moron, but it's actually been such a fun learning experience figuring all this stuff out from a base of no experience. Thanks Pagelines and Egg-person. 

#4 Martin Davies

Martin Davies

Advocate

• Members

• 3268 posts
  • LocationManchester, England
  • Framework Version:latest

Posted 21 June 2013 - 05:58 PM

Hello aignaciodc 

you can see the guide how to use Quickslider here 

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

The default images showing are the Pagelines defaults. When you create your own images these can be removed. You can add images by going to the page meta settings for the Quickslider or you can set sitewide defaults in Pagelines > Page options > quickslider 

#5 aignaciodc

aignaciodc

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 21 June 2013 - 06:20 PM

Thanks everyone for the help! More to learn :)

• Martin Davies likes this

#6 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts
  • LocationEast Coast, USA
  • Framework Version:The Latest, of course

Posted 21 June 2013 - 08:44 PM

You're welcome!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: banner, carousal, content