5 replies to this topic

#1 wavel3ngth_pl_login

wavel3ngth_pl_login

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 20 June 2013 - 06:45 PM

I downloaded the contentbox (

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

) and installed it and I am using it 3 times on one page.  I had all my HTML in there and everything was working fine, however the client doesn't know HTML and asked if I could add the WYSIWYG (tinyMCE) to the boxes.  I found this link: http://www.slickmedia.co.uk/news/blog/glenns-blog/add-tinymce-to-pagelines-content-box/ and created 3 plugins for each of the 3 content boxes.  At first it seemed to work, but I think there may be some conflicts between the 4 editors on the page.  1 for the Main Post, and 3 for the 3 content boxes.I need some way to help out the client by making the content boxes more user friendly with an editor.   Do you know something comparable to the contentbox that may work and already contain the tinyMCE editor?  Or any other solutions.  Here is a link to the page that is using the content editors.  One is the used at the very top where the logo and tag line is. The other 2 are used in the sidebar.  The reason I couldn't just put the content in the sidebar is because the side bars are different per page.

Any help would be appreciated.  I am fairly new to WP, so if I could be doing this a different way, please let me know.

Thanks!

#2 greenfly

greenfly

Advocate

• Members

• 3268 posts
  • LocationManchester, England
  • Framework Version:latest

Posted 20 June 2013 - 06:59 PM

Hello Wavel3ngth

If you do want to use widgets, you could use widget logic to control which widgets show on specific pages 

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

#3 wavel3ngth_pl_login

wavel3ngth_pl_login

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 20 June 2013 - 07:39 PM

I would need a different widget for each page.  For example if I placed the widget "Text" in the primary sidebar and then included that in SB1, then I would need to create a "Text" widget for additional page, since each page would have different content.  The main problem is the "text" widget does not have a wysiwyg interface which the client would need.  Any recommendations?

#4 James B

James B

Advocate

• Moderators
  • 5126 posts
  • LocationSurrey - UK

Posted 20 June 2013 - 09:27 PM

Hi there, these items aren't designed to work with a wysiwgt editor by default, if its a plugin you've cloned and applied to these sections then that's good that you've got it to work successfully :-)

You'd need to go to the plugin author unfortunately for further advice on applying the editor to widgets or custom post types, we wouldn't be able to advise as it's outside of our support spectrum.

#5 sheilahoff

sheilahoff

Advocate

• Members

• 382 posts
  • LocationSeattle
  • Framework Version:DMS

Posted 25 June 2013 - 04:29 PM

This may or may not be useful but I offer in case it is... I'm developing my first PL site for a client. They want unique sidebar content on every page. I'm using WooSidebars to designate them. Then since the client wants content not widgets what I've done is create pages for each sidebar. They can write the text there then copy the code from the text panel to the text widget for that sidebar, basically using the WP WYSIWYG editor to create the code for them. I've saved each page as a draft and named them with pagename-sidebar so they're obvious. I'm initially populating them but the client will know how they can easily edit them.

Hope that helps in your situation. It's a work-around but one most non-technie clients can live with.

#6 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts
  • LocationEast Coast, USA
  • Framework Version:The Latest, of course

Posted 25 June 2013 - 05:40 PM

Thanks for your contribution Sheila. Sounds like a creative solution.

• sheilahoff likes this